Tri tip? Or...

SOB

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Saw these at my local Sams club. The only tri tip I have cooked was full tri tip in the somewhat triangle. Delicious I might add. These are six individual strip like steaks...20160427_174455.jpg

Interesting! I've not seen tri tip in that form. I'll look for them here, thanks!

• Thanks
Reactions: SOB
My local Costco sells these as "tri-tip steaks" haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they're just as good as the full tri-tip.

It's not too bad of a price for tri-tip in my area. Next time I get over to Sam's Club I'll have to see if they carry them.

• Thanks
They're $5.99/lb on sale in my area, and usually cut into steaks like that. You have to ask for the whole tip if you want one.

• Thanks
Yes it is tri tip, I see them sold like that around here. I prefer whole but the steaks are good to. $6.00 is average here.

• Thanks
We see them in the meat case here as well. Our price runs more like 8 to 9 bucks a pound.
What happens with my supermarket is they get the tri tip by the case, and you have to ask for it, cause they say no one knows what to do with it: so when the time starts running out, they slice it into "steaks" and put in the display case, and it sells.
I like to cook the sliced tri tip hot and fast on the grill. Just do not over cook, as they are usually thin.

• Thanks
Back