how do you store your charcoal?

mottman

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Do you leave them in the bags or put them in a big Rubber Maid type tub?

I have 300+ pounds of KBB sitting in my garage. My boss tells me that I need to find a storage system for them. I guess lined up against a wall isn't good enough.

In the bags on shelves in the garage and always have a couple of bags in a dock box on the patio.

I have both. Bags stored on a pallet in one garage and smaller plastic storage containers on my patio (closer to my cookers). I keep them out of sight behind my patio bar.
There are some pretty handy looking plastic storage units out there.
Good luck!

In bags in the BBQ shed.
If I fall into a massive score, I'll store it in the rafters of the garage.
The couple of bags I am using get kept in a SunCast locker on the BBQ deck.

My main supply is on a pallet in the garage, I have one those plastic Kinsford containers I use out of I keep on the deck by the cookers. Never had a problem of rain getting in it.

On a rack in the garage , I plan on building a shop/shed in the back yard , and it will have dedicated space for all my Q stuff

I live in a humid climate with lots of moisture so I have to be careful not to overbuy and keep charcoal off of the concrete floor. As long as I use it within a year it seems to start OK and not crumble apart. I've not had to do anything further.

I keep all mine in a storage building with all my other bbq stuff. The bag I'm using is the only one out. It's humid here so I don't take any chances.

I leave it in the bags, stacked on a pallet under an overhang. Never a problem with humidity.

Back