Building a "Caddy" for the WSM

The top photo shows the inside edge of the hinged shelf assembly. I'm holding the shelf at approximately a 45 degree angle with my left hand, and snapped the photo with my right hand.

The next photo shows the shelf held in an upright position, but not slid back against the sidewall, to a locked position.

The third photo is to show the slot that allows the shelf to slide toward and away from the side wall of the cabinet.

The fourth photo shows the threaded rod that acts as the pivot point for the shelf.

The fifth photo shows the innermost board on the shelf surface, slid back against the stop board, which also overlaps the inside edge of the top of the shelf and holds it up.

I would call it a system. Looks pretty ingenious to me. Nice work.

I don't know that I had seen drop down shelves exactly like these before, but when I was cooking with it for the first time last week, my neighbor came over to check it out and said he'd seen that design on grills.

I appreciate the kind words. It serves me well. I really like having all of that shelf space. It's great having somewhere nearby to put the lid when I have to open the smoker. I lay a scrap piece of plywood on that shelf, to prevent marring up the shelf with the hot lid.

I haven't put any clear coat sealer on it yet, but I bought the brushes. Problem is, when I have time to seal it, I'm busy cooking with it.

Back