Weber 26" local purchase?

N6GQ

Reaction score
Hey Brethren, I'm looking for a 26 inch Weber kettle - but as far as I can tell, no one actually stocks these things any more. I can find it online but that doesn't do me any good for this weekend :wacko:

I called all the local home/garden stores, no one carries that one in stock.

Have any of you guys found that there's any chain stores that actually carry them? If not, I'm open to suggestion on mail order, Abt Electronics is the best deal for mail order I see yet - $299 with no tax and free shipping.

I hate it when I get a bug to buy something - retail therapy anyone? :biggrin1:

Weber products make retailers follow a very strict MAP policy in which they regulate the advertised prices of their products. Amazon also has it for 299 Prime.

Weber products make retailers follow a very strict MAP policy in which they regulate the advertised prices of their products. Amazon also has it for 299 Prime.

So no hope of getting a discount is what you're saying?

What about calling Weber? They might be able to tell where there is a dealer, near you, that has one. I know when the small chimney was released, I couldn't find one anywhere. I called Weber, they said no one has them yet, and the only way to get one, was to order it, or wait until they were in stores.

Matt

What about calling Weber? They might be able to tell where there is a dealer, near you, that has one. I know when the small chimney was released, I couldn't find one anywhere. I called Weber, they said no one has them yet, and the only way to get one, was to order it, or wait until they were in stores.

Matt

Good call, Matt - I'll give that a shot!

Matt

Matt, your idea was a good one. Weber's website has dealer finder - within that dealer finder is a listing of all the products that dealer carries. I found one sort of off the wall dealer near me that actually had the 26" on the list - called them, and whammo - they had one in stock!

YOU ARE THE MAN!

Now, why didn't I think of that in the first place?! :doh:

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow :wacko:

You are quite welcome, good sir. Glad to have been able to help. Have fun with your new toy (we better get some pron)!!

Matt

Yes, pr0n indeed.

I've never started with a NEW kettle before, always used castoffs from friends/family.

Is there any burn-in/break-in needed/desired for Weber kettles? I imagine not, the paint is there on the inside and grills are chrome plated, so I imagine its just a heat it up and go, but since this one will be new out of the box I'd like to do it "right". I imagine there's paperwork in the box to tell me as well but who reads that? :mrgreen:

Now, why didn't I think of that in the first place?! :doh:

Don't you hate when the answer is right in front of your face, and you just can't see it? I know I do! Mrs. El_Matt still loves giving me the easiest way to solve a problem, even after 20+ years!!

Matt

Don't you hate when the answer is right in front of your face, and you just can't see it? I know I do! Mrs. El_Matt still loves giving me the easiest way to solve a problem, even after 20+ years!!

Matt

Being a married man of 20+ years myself, I know that fact as well! :tape:

Yes, pr0n indeed.

I've never started with a NEW kettle before, always used castoffs from friends/family.

Is there any burn-in/break-in needed/desired for Weber kettles? I imagine not, the paint is there on the inside and grills are chrome plated, so I imagine its just a heat it up and go, but since this one will be new out of the box I'd like to do it "right". I imagine there's paperwork in the box to tell me as well but who reads that? :mrgreen:

I'd just give it a good washing, as you're putting it together. Then throw some coals in it, and start a cook. No reason to preseason.

Matt

I'd just give it a good washing, as you're putting it together. Then throw some coals in it, and start a cook. No reason to preseason.

Matt

Roger, WilCo! Thanks again! :wacko:

So wifey and I went yesterday to the hardware store that had the 26" kettle in stock. She saw the Summit there, the BGEs too, and said "are you sure you don't want the big Summit?". In a moment of incredible restraint I held back and said "no, the 26 is what I came for". The seed, however, is planted for an upgrade in the near future I think :)

The way I figure my skills aren't up to par to see the difference between the 26" kettle and the Summit, and while I would love to have taken the Summit home, I figure I'll get my skills honed on the 26 and then have something to look forward to.

So today I assembled it, all went together well and its all shiny and clean and ready to go. Got a nice cover, grill brush, and will go get some lump and a chimney this afternoon. Its supposed to rain like hell today through Tuesday (I swear CA went from drought to flood this year), so maybe towards the end of the week I can get something going.

I also ordered a ET-733 so I can get accustomed to temperatures.

I'm going to start with a pork butt and see how that goes. After that I'll try my hand with a brisket, etc.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm now in search of some recipes and starter tutorials on the pork butt. :biggrin1:

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
Back