Killer hogs rub recipe

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Anyone ever try this rub recipe? I like Killer hogs rub and will just buy it but I'm in a cook off in September and you are not allowed to use commercial rubs or sauce. I was all set to use Killer Hogs. Just hoping it gives maybe similar color and taste.
https://www.bbqrubs.com/Killer-Hogs-Dry-Rub-Recipe/

Although I may bail out from the cook off. Other rules are, I need a two base sink and hot water. Not sure I can get that.

I'm actually shocked they list the recipe. I've used it on ribs, good enough.
Thanks for the link! I got the sauce as well. Not sure.

I saved the recipe a few weeks ago....
The catch is they didn't say what brand jerk seasoning that can vary

Surprising they won't let you use a commercial rub in a competition. I think 90%+ of KCBS cooks use commercial rubs and sauces

I've always wondered where Malcolm gets that insane red color from. I heard it was from a blend of different paprikas but from the link it looks like paprika, chili, and tomato powder

Hey Joe, as for the sink and hot water, check to see if two large plastic tubs on a table declared as a wash station will do? One of those Turkey Fryer bases with a large pot will be able to provide you with the hot water.

Use what ever commercial rub you want. Just dump it in a clear shaker or zip lock bag and toss the original labeled bottle.
How the heck would they know it's not yours. Piss on'em

This is being hosted by local fire department and everbrite. They just pick some judges. They said all spices used for your rub must be in a brand new sealed unopened container, same with sauce. Everything will be inspected.

This is being hosted by local fire department and everbrite. They just pick some judges. They said all spices used for your rub must be in a brand new sealed unopened container, same with sauce. Everything will be inspected.

Interesting how there are so many strict rules for the cooks but "They just pick some judges"

I'd shy away from this as others have said but if you think you'll have a good time then by all means go for it!

EDIT: Just realized that you have to make the sauce on site???? Woah that's crazy IMO. Rubs on site are hard enough

I think they would have been ahead if they limited it to salt and pepper. I'm always interested whenever the playing field is leveled. Simplifies things for the judges, too. It allows the cooks techniques to shine through.

I saved two of his rub recipes and his sauce recipe. Haven't made any of them yet. Also have blues hog Tennessee red and original clone recipes as well that I've yet to make.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you had to buy new bottles of high quality spice each and every time, it could get expensive. I hope it has a great payout for prizes...

I understand it's for fun and not sanctioned.

Back