My SRF Brisket Cook (Pr0n)

SD_Smoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I got my 4am wake up call that it was time to go to work! I'll update this throughout the cook, hope you enjoy! Happy Saturday :-D

Late the night before, rubbed with s&p, garlic powder and seasoned salt. That marbling on that flat slice!

Good morning!

Coal bed is ready about 45 mins later.

The beast is on.

My absolute favorite part of early cooks. There's no noise, distraction, bleeps and bloops...just me and the fire.

More to come...

Morning cooks like that are very peaceful! Good luck with the cook!

I love morning cooks too! Enjoy!

She is running like a champ, will be doing the spritz here shortly but hasn't left 250 since I started. I will update shortly!

6hrs in...I may just not wrap this one, the thickest part of the flat is about 171 right now and it's in its stall. The food needs to be ready about 5 so I might have to wrap.

I ended up wrapping because it darkened up perfectly and wanted to stop it there. Gonna take it till 195-200 and then let it rest.

Going to throw some Wicked Beans on in an hr or so...love those things! Thank you all for paying attention to this haha! It's nice to have people to love this art with since no one around me does it or even cooks anything for that matter.

I went foil, I still don't really know what butcher paper to get. I just pulled it off to vent and then rest so the finish pics are coming!

What I can say is it's a gelatinous mass of beauty!

It really was by far the best brisket yet! A slightly different flavor but amazing just the same! Here's the pics I was able to get until it was completely devoured.

About the pull the point for ends.

Ends ready for a little rub, sauce and drippings

A few hrs later on the ends...

Not the best slice shot but it was SO good!

Obligitory plate/beer shot :razz:

Back