The Conversion is Complete

Exocet

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
At a recent party, somebody brought some Crock-Pot pulled pork. While eating some of it, my wife leans over to me and says "Now that I know what real pulled pork is like, this doesn't come close".

The first time I did pulled pork, she started to drown it in BBQ sauce. I just about lost it. But, now she has come to appreciate the meat, the smoke, and the rub.

It's just not BBQ. Crock pot is essentially braising which is a widely used cooking method. There's a sandwich shop near work that has some sort of braised pulled pork they put on their sandwiches and is really good. They don't advertise it as BBQ and I don't expect it to be.

If I could just get the Boss to learn how to cook with live fire, then the transformation would be complete. However she has zero desire to cook so her leaving the confines of the gas range are not going to happen anytime soon in my world. She also has a "recipe" for pork tenderloin crock pot pulled pork that includes dumping a jar of BBQ sauce in it.
I love it when I have to.
When I am home and have time to cook, she gladly delegates that chore to me and I gladly accept. If I had my way ,I would cook every meal and if she had her way, I would get my way. When it come to cooking anyway.

It's fun seeing those conversions take place.

I got a call from my sister one day telling me I had ruined BBQ for her. When I asked why she said all the BBQ she orders at restaurants is crap compared to what I put out. :mrgreen:

I was at a party and someone brought crock pot brisket. I just shook my head with a smile and they said what?

Yeah. I have a few friends that cook butts in a crock pot and call it BBQ. I just smile and say nothing. It's really just a pork roast then. And a brisket would just be a beef roast. Sigh.

My favortie set & forget overnight BBQ machine is a Nesco roaster and a Bottle of Liquid smoke. Brotha let me tell ya it tuns out some awesome killer BBQ. Git ya some:heh:

I got a call from my sister one day telling me I had ruined BBQ for her. When I asked why she said all the BBQ she orders at restaurants is crap compared to what I put out. :mrgreen:

All of my friends and family have said the same thing to me. They have all stopped ordering BBQ when they go out or on vacation lol Opps :doh:

First time a friend of ours tried my pulled pork she said "wow this tastes like real meat, not BBQ sauce with stuff in it".

Back