Auber PID

You do t have to have a pit controller for the Wsm, they are nice up here in frozen chosen, the Wsm is very easy to control by the vents, heck I do really good at -20.

I have had the previous model for my 22" WSM for two years. I bought it to ensure things went well on an overnight cook.

I've had a couple small problems with mine (though one was due to me). A prong from the power supply came out in a socket so I just replaced it with a cheap walmart AC/DC power adapter and it works fine. The other thing that has happened is due to me not being careful and tripping over the cord that goes to the fan. This has happened several times due to me not paying attention. I've had to solder the super thin wires back onto the fan's circuit board.

Other than those, it has worked great. I also modified a steel bowl to attach the fan and cover the entire WSM daisy wheel, similar to the adapter on a stoker system.

I've played with the Auber controllers for beer making a few years back (before gout shut down my home brewery). Just search Auber in the search menu. There is quite a bit of info there. Good luck!!!

I have an Auber for my cheap WSM clone. Works great.

One nice thing is it uses standard K type thermocouples.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 108
I have an Auber that I bought for Sous Vide cooking. When I first got my WSM, I thought about getting the stuff to use it for it. Ended up just getting a Pitmaster IQ 120 instead. Happy with it...

Back