First smoke on the Asmoke

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
And what a success. I have to take back all my preconceived notions (misgivings) about pellet poopers. This unit performs just great. The smoke flavor is just enough for us and the ease of handling is far superior to my stick burner (though I'm not giving that one up at all). This 5-6 lb. took about 7 hours (plus rest) most times at 225-250. The unit burned about 1 and 1/4 hopper with the temp. cranked at 320 for the cook after wrapping (about 2 hours). Very economical and super delicious outcome. Plated with sweet potato and salad. Yum.

Attachments

• Asmoke .jpg
    Asmoke .jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Asmoke 1.jpg
    Asmoke 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Asmoke 2.jpg
    Asmoke 2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Asmoke 3.jpg
    Asmoke 3.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 177
  • Asmoke 4.jpg
    Asmoke 4.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Asmoke 5.jpg
    Asmoke 5.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Did you use the Asmoke pellets? I've read bad reviews of those things so I have been using other brands in mine.

Nice color on the but! I’m glad that it turned out well!

Looks great, I bought a 5 finger shredder that fits in my drill, love it for shredding.

Ya I would say that little guy does a heck of a job. Great looking meal

Ahhh chit...

There’s another little cooker that’s got my attention...

Great cook!

Everything about that pork is spot on. Very nice job!

Looks righteous!
Thanks for the update, I'm thinking on doing a couple BB's for my first smoke.

That's a really nice little cooker!

You can do a lot with that! Very convenient.

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks all for your comments. Yes, there are two reasons I bought this one: one is that there are only two of us eating most times and this butt will last for a while (frozen). Do not want to fire up the offset for just one butt or some other small cook; and two, I've never cooked on a pellet grill before and wanted to give it a shot. Don't regret the purchase on either count.

Thanks all for your comments. Yes, there are two reasons I bought this one: one is that there are only two of us eating most times and this butt will last for a while (frozen). Do not want to fire up the offset for just one butt or some other small cook; and two, I've never cooked on a pellet grill before and wanted to give it a shot. Don't regret the purchase on either count.

I agree

Back