Chicken on the kettle...not afraid of it anymore

MJ_Tenn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to fellow Brethren, IlliniQ, I am not afraid to grill chicken ! I used my Weber 22.5 kettle and had excellent legs and thighs...as well as corn on the cob, asparagus, and a turkey sausage .....my wife really really liked it as well.

2014-04-16180702_zps3810b15d.jpg

Thanks to fellow Brethren, IlliniQ, I am not afraid to grill chicken ! I used my Weber 22.5 kettle and had excellent legs and thighs...as well as corn on the cob, asparagus, and a turkey sausage .....my wife really really liked it as well.

2014-04-16180702_zps3810b15d.jpg
Looks great :) Did you reverse sear it over the banked coals at the end?

I started the chicken directly over the coals for about 5 or 6 minutes with the lid closed. I flipped one time and then moved them over to the indirect side til they hit 165 degrees. Basted with my own sauce the last 15 or 20 minutes. It turned out really good

looks great -- we're all going to have to up our chicken game with the cost of beef and pork

Bird looks great.... but Dude seriously that wood is way to green.

just curious, what were you afraid of to begin with?

I had never really gotten chicken right on the grill...it was either undercooked or waaaay overcooked...with a 2 zone fire, I've got it now!

Looks great! You should never be afraid. More afraid you are the more you're bound to fail.:becky:

Back