Yoder vs. Cheaper Heavy Duty Off-Sets

Mattlsmith

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey All,

99% sure I'm going to get a Yoder but I'm curious is there a big difference between a Yoder Cheyenne and say a Brinkmann Heavy Trailmaster? I mean does the Yoder justify and extra $600?

Please help advice would be great, thanks!

Yoder is 1/4" steel Trailmaster isn't But there is nothing wrong with a Trailmaster I love mine it cooks like it's on cruise control

I've cooked on thin steel offsets and a Yoder offset. Big difference. I used to think the same thing about if the thick steel offsets with a better design like a Yoder were worth the difference, they absolutely are. Better draft for a cleaner smoke, better heat retention, less babysitting, etc. Absolutely worth the difference.

I've cooked on thin steel offsets and a Yoder offset. Big difference. I used to think the same thing about if the thick steel offsets with a better design like a Yoder were worth the difference, they absolutely are. Better draft for a cleaner smoke, better heat retention, less babysitting, etc. Absolutely worth the difference.

Like I Said............ :mrgreen:

If you can afford it do it. Many dont wanna spend the $ as a Newb but spend it a year or 2 or 3 later anyways. I wouldn't knock anybody who buys a Trailmaster (all my stuff is used cheap stuff) and it'll put out Good Q but Yoder will be easier and last longer.

My suggestion would be to contact Craig Bell at bell fab. Craig makes a good quality, heavy offset stick burner. He will listen to your needs and your personal details and will make a smoker that you will be proud of and at an excellent price. He is easy to deal with and a really nice guy. Look him up at: bellfab@sbcglobal.net. Good luck, Joe

If you can afford it do it. Many dont wanna spend the $ as a Newb but spend it a year or 2 or 3 later anyways. I wouldn't knock anybody who buys a Trailmaster (all my stuff is used cheap stuff) and it'll put out Good Q but Yoder will be easier and last longer.

Ya I want something that will last for a long time or until I upgrade again. Thanks everyone for the input!

Back