THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
....bacon grease. A smallish 7# Boston Butt that was first seasoned with Sucklebusters Steak rub. I allowed that to sit a while, then rubbed the butt with bacon grease. Really shiny and pretty. I then hit a second layer of rub using John Henry Pecan rub. First rub has nearly zero sugar. JH rub sugar is listed first.
Cowboy lump lit with a Weber cube and a beer can total of a blend of smoking chunks hickory-mesquite and pecan.

Last edited:
That sounds good. Bacon grease was the only oil my willowy great grandmother cooked with and she lived to be 94.

That pecan rub sounds real good too. Found a nearby grill specialty shop that carries it, so that went on the shopping list. Thanks for sharing.

Well I went diving into the rub closet and no John Henry cherry. I'm trying to work my way through an overstock situation:)). But I will try it. Eventually. Here's the butt at 1:45. Dome in the PrimoXL settled in at 260 or so.

Last edited:
I need new glasses or my mind has been influenced by political commentary. I first read this post and thought it was true pron...rubbing cowgirls butt with bacon grease seemed rather unlikely....but that is how I thought this thread started....sleep deprivation may have played a part as well.

Back