Basil Tomato Chicken Sausage on the PBC

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Tonight's Menu: Tortellini with Basil Tomato Chicken Sausage

I prepared 5 lbs. of the sausage a few weeks ago. At the time I grilled a few sections and put the rest in the freezer. Decided to smoke a bit for dinner.

The flavor was good, but it was a bit dry and salty. My next efforts will include more fat and less salt. Still smiling with a full belly!:razz:

E551B268-E05D-4F19-AAD0-D2FC49EBAD8A_zpslxnwwnvy.jpg

65db21e69223c40842547aa2eea0826c_zps0fqslv85.jpg

3257fb835c46a58cd19fe92e2a5911d0_zpsylikek3e.jpg

83256f99eecfec811bbb854afb74a26a_zpsufhnvx9i.jpg

That looks tasty. I keep seeing all these home made sausage threads and really want to get a stuffer but I'm out of storage space in the kitchen. I may just have to make some room.

Looks excellent!! I never think to top pasta with sausage, hope to soon. Yours looks delicious!

It looks Great Brother! I'd hit that right now!

You have a good Vacuum sealer that does a double seal!

Those look great. I did the same sausage and also found it too salty.

Good to know LMAJ, at least now I remove some of my thoughts about making an error in measuring the salt.

I was thinking the same thing when I made it too - so (in a way) I am glad it wasn't just me. What recipe did you use?

I used the Michael Ruhlman recipe...
Same one I used - from Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing (Revised and Updated)?
We weighed everything out and thought we weighed it wrong. Great recipe aside from that.

Same one I used - from Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing (Revised and Updated)?
We weighed everything out and thought we weighed it wrong. Great recipe aside from that.

Yes, I will try it again with 1/2 the salt and a bit more fat! Even with the salt, it was good with the acid of the pasta and sauce.

Back