Humphreys Pint smoker

Breadslinger82

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
i live outside of philly and wanna know if anybody has humphreys pint smoker??
do any places near here sell the humphreys smokers and accessories so i can see
them 1st hand???:boxing:

I just bought a battle box, and love it. The things built like a tank. I've only used the vents for control, and it holds heat excellent. I haven't tried my guru w/ it yet.

Just order one and If you don't like it - send it to me. :heh:

I bought Dex's qubed pint and its is everything I expected. I have no regrets.

Im stuck between the battlebox and the pint i dont cook for 20 people but i may cook for 10 ish i just dont wanna buy the battlebox and realize i should have gotten the pint !!!!
I would lover to smoke a whole turkey someday or a few chickens i do mostly ribs and briskets i am by no means a pro smoker ive been doin it at my buddies house with a ghetto version of the green egg. I just dont wanna buy the smaller one when i realize i should have gotten a lil bigger one

Im stuck between the battlebox and the pint i dont cook for 20 people but i may cook for 10 ish i just dont wanna buy the battlebox and realize i should have gotten the pint !!!!
I would lover to smoke a whole turkey someday or a few chickens i do mostly ribs and briskets i am by no means a pro smoker ive been doin it at my buddies house with a ghetto version of the green egg. I just dont wanna buy the smaller one when i realize i should have gotten a lil bigger one

Families grow and you will always make more friends....

Rule of thumb when I bought my Humphrey's, was to imagine my largest current cook for friends and family, and then figure 10% more...

When in doubt, and you can afford it, go bigger.

True true im just gonna go with the pint then i was in lover with the lang stick burners but its hard to get quatities of good wood around here and thoes myron mixon smokers are insanely expensive

I may not be the one to listen to as I follow a very simple philosophy when it comes to guns and smokers. The bigger the better. When I purchased a vertical cabinet, I bought the largest that Pitmaker had readily available. I applied this same philosophy when I purchased my Shirley offset. I do not regret either purchase. It's always better to be a little over gunned than under gunned. Just my thoughts my friend.

True true im just gonna go with the pint then i was in lover with the lang stick burners but its hard to get quatities of good wood around here and thoes myron mixon smokers are insanely expensive

The Humphrey's are well built and well insulated smokers. With the 6 shelves well loaded with meat in my Down East Beast I can get a 12 to 14 hour burn with an 8 pound bag of lump charcoal.

The stick burners are great, but at my age I no longer wanted to stay up and watch the fire to keep it going. With my Humphrey's I get a good nights sleep because it is easy to set and let it go by itself. I probably don't need it, but with the help of my BBQ Guru I don't worry and I sleep like a baby.

I picked up my battle box on Friday, seasoned it on Saturday and cooked ribs Sunday and chicken last night. I'm not using a guru as I want to learn temperature control without it first. It is built great, highly recommend them.

As for capacity, check this thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161964

"We had it loaded up with (2)16lb briskets, a small brisket fla and (2)9lb butts for the judges class we cooked for on Friday:"

You need to think about how many people you cook for now, and how many you think you'll cook for in the future. If that means buying the pint, then buy the pint. When I was on the fence with the same issue, I "went big" when I didn't necessarily need to. I needed a 48", but the deal on my 65" was too good to pass up. Now I'm firing up a 65" smoker for just a few pieces of meat at a time, and only once used it for a hog. I have an endless supply of wood, so I don't care if I cook 1 chicken wing on it, but others may not have the resources I do for fuel. Just as you may regret it if you go small, you may regret it if you go big and never use the capacity. Just my opinion...

I am also looking at the Pint as a second cooker to my gravity pit. Looking to add a water cooker.

Question: Is the slide-out water pan option the way to go vs. the standard drop-in water pan? I believe it adds a heat diverter, but eliminates one rack position.

I am also looking at the Pint as a second cooker to my gravity pit. Looking to add a water cooker.

Question: Is the slide-out water pan option the way to go vs. the standard drop-in water pan? I believe it adds a heat diverter, but eliminates one rack position.

I'd like to see pics of both myself.......

I went thru this earlier this year. Most I had ever cooked was 3 briskets. Bought a cooker that would hold 12 briskets. Haven't cooked 12 briskets but I have cooked 8. Insulated cabinet smokers are efficient enough that you don't have to worry that much about the extra fuel on smaller cooks. Then if you need extra space you have it.

Back