White Arc Smokers?

mrboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In my continuing quest to find a new smoker I've run across White Arc Smokers from Gary, Indiana.

http://www.whitearcsmokers.com/products.html

Anyone have any experience with the Baby V? Looks comparable to Humphreys 1/2 pint and Backwoods Chubby.

I like that you get the casters, diffuser and firebox maze for one price ($875), instead of paying more for a Humphreys or Backwoods and then paying even more for the casters, etc.

Are they reverse flow? That is a great price. Smitty is going to be excited!

It's a vertical cabinet smoker, but I haven't been able to see inside the cabinet well enough in their photos to tell of it's reverse flow.

I think this style smoker creates a reverse flow by venting smoke into the cabinet at the top, and an outlet lower in the cabinet that vents to the chimney, drawing the smoke through the cabinet in a reverse flow.

They have been selling various drum smokers and advertising on craigslist for a couple of years. It's a welding shop that make smokers in their spare time. This insulated setup is a new model and looks like a reasonable price and a good size.

Are they reverse flow? That is a great price. Smitty is going to be excited!

I'd like to see MrBoy or other get one and give us a full report. :thumb:

I'll be getting a Humphreys Pint one of these days :heh:........I got my Homemade Propane Converted Cabinet Karl to get me by till then. :wink:

Does anybody have one yet??? Even the Baby V is huge. It sounds like they have a design similar to the LSG but not quite the quality as far as the fit/finish is concerned judging by the pictures on their site. Asking because I know that it is getting close to the time that some of us start looking for new cookers (xmas bonuses, end of year bonuses, income tax, etc) and they are cheap.

Here is the response from White Arc...

These are indirect cookers. There is a heat deflector above the coals or wood.
Big V Smoker (6 racks) Racks are 41" x 41"
Mid-V Smoker (6 racks) Racks are 34" x 34"
Baby V Smoker (4 racks) Racks are 28" x 28"

Shows $1250 for the little one not $875. Prices are same or close to proven brands. Probally pretty Good but nothing to get excited about unless they are local to you.

Shows $1250 for the little one not $875. Prices are same or close to proven brands. Probally pretty Good but nothing to get excited about unless they are local to you.

Where can you get one the size of the big LSG for around $1250?

It's too Sqautty. Same dimensions width n depth but much shorter and grates much closer and short firebox so its not the same size. Don't look to be enough space between grates to cook on them all at same time? It'd help if they'd post better pics of their products.......

Pics are bad and 4" grate spacing is right on the edge of being too close. Mine are 4" or 4.5" apart and briskets in pans are a tight fit. Without pans I don't have any issues. For half the price it might be a decent option for someone who can't justify the price of the better known builders. I would have to see one or talk to a few people that have one. I was hoping someone here might have bought one or seen one. Their FB page doesn't have anything except a couple of pics and one comment from a customer.

Don't make much sense to me to try to sell something and yet you don't advertise it very well and your website sucks.........?

Don't make much sense to me to try to sell something and yet you don't advertise it very well and your website sucks.........?
:laugh:
Maybe they are independently wealthy and just build smokers as a hobby.

when I get a nice cabinet smoker I want 6 inches between racks or 4 inches between racks but double the rack positions as I have racks so I can go every other one and get 8 inches.
I want to be able to cook pork butts on every great at same time not that I ever will but I want the ability to do so

Back