Humphrey's Battle Box MEGA REVIEW with MEGA PRON!

Yeah, most people cant just cruise through the dealership on a sunday to check these things out. Detailed pictures sure help out a guy looking at a new one.

My Thermopen is that color. I can assure you its the fastest

Great review and obviously a great cooker.

I'm not familiar with the Humphrey's design, is there a baffle or diffuser plate of some type in between the firebox and cook chamber or does it just rely on a drip/water pan? I really like cookers designed to handle full sized pans.

Oh yea, great looking grub, wish you all the best in your future comps.

Great review and obviously a great cooker.

I'm not familiar with the Humphrey's design, is there a baffle or diffuser plate of some type in between the firebox and cook chamber or does it just rely on a drip/water pan? I really like cookers designed to handle full sized pans.

Oh yea, great looking grub, wish you all the best in your future comps.

With the slide out water pan design, the firebox and cook chamber are separated by metal. It almost looks like the metal is doubled up.

On their drop in water pan version there is a heat diverter. However I am not sure if that is standard or if it is an add on item.

One thing I forgot to mention is with the slide out water pan being further away from the fire, I didn't use nearly as much water compared to my Backwoods that is closer to the fire and separated by a diverter. I bet I didn't even use half of the water in the pan.

Great review and pics. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
The pics of your food look fantastic too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
I have the same issue on the location/size of the fire box with my Battle Box. I have always used lump charcoal in my BWS and I struggled to get it loaded with lump and wood chunks -- almost had to hand pick the pieces. I have since cooked just using Kingsford and was very pleased with the results. Other than that I love this cooker--and it is built like a TANK

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
I have the same issue on the location/size of the fire box with my Battle Box. I have always used lump charcoal in my BWS and I struggled to get it loaded with lump and wood chunks -- almost had to hand pick the pieces. I have since cooked just using Kingsford and was very pleased with the results. Other than that I love this cooker--and it is built like a TANK

It isn't really a deal breaker by any means to me. I suppose I could always take the basket somewhere and have new brackets put on it so it hung lower. :shocked:

It isn't really a deal breaker by any means to me. I suppose I could always take the basket somewhere and have new brackets put on it so it hung lower. :shocked:

I am making another deeper basket for my beast. Then I don't have to modify the smoker construction at all. Will get pics when I get it done.

Back