Lowes to start selling B&B

That's good news. Hopefully they'll get the briquettes, too!

Growing tired of the snap, crackle, pop fast burning cowboy stuff.

I did see where a True Value near me was selling FOGO.

Anyone have any opinion on the FOGO? Seemed to be rather pricey.

B&B is my primary. I’ve been using it since Ozark Oak went away. I think one of the best things about our hobby is experimenting with different coals. I bought two bags of Fogo and it was really nice. I like B&B Charlogs too.
Oak-Hickory-Mesquite-Charlogs and a top shelf supreme lump too. They sell a good pellet as well.
I buy the smaller 8# Mesquite 10#Oak B&B Lump-generally the bottom of the bag is as good as the top- pay a little more that way but not battling crumbs(some settling, not bad)
B&B briquettes are a tad harder to find of late, I’m OK with that as I like trying different offerings

Last edited:
Love B&B! Stock has been spotty at the one place in town that carries them. Good to know Lowe’s might have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, love B&B but I have to order it for store pickup at my local Ace. Will be nice to be able to walk into a store and have it on the shelf.

My local Ace has had an order in for me from November, they keep telling me that the wharehouse is not in stock. Academy is about 2 hrs away, but they do stock Briquets. Went to Lowes and they did have the Lump, but no char logs or chunks.

I ordered B&B lump and briquets a couple weeks ago and got it in a couple of days. I order online for store pickup.

My local Ace has had an order in for me from November, they keep telling me that the wharehouse is not in stock. Academy is about 2 hrs away, but they do stock Briquets. Went to Lowes and they did have the Lump, but no char logs or chunks.

The a$$hats on social media are calling them out for being sellouts because the went with a big box store for distribution...

Whatever...

Congratulations B&B!!!

I listened and learned a couple things. They have a Brazilian Ax Breaker charcoal similar to FOGO. I need a bag or two of that. They’re trying to get the Charlogs also packaged in 15# bags as well as current 30#. I’m a fan of the smaller bags for several reasons. Sell out may be a tad much as rep says bluntly Big Box stores are getting some things not everything. He explains Ace supply chain.
Last time I was in Academy they had Jealous Devil.
I thought it good information. I learned their Oak lump is 100% post oak.
Lot of good information if you’re a B&B fan. I am, but I’m still going to mix match and buy other brands. I enjoy that part of this hobby of ours.

I listened and learned a couple things. They have a Brazilian Ax Breaker charcoal similar to FOGO. I need a bag or two of that. They’re trying to get the Charlogs also packaged in 15# bags as well as current 30#. I’m a fan of the smaller bags for several reasons. Sell out may be a tad much as rep says bluntly Big Box stores are getting some things not everything. He explains Ace supply chain.
Last time I was in Academy they had Jealous Devil.
I thought it good information. I learned their Oak lump is 100% post oak.
Lot of good information if you’re a B&B fan. I am, but I’m still going to mix match and buy other brands. I enjoy that part of this hobby of ours.

We'll see if B&B holds to that standard. I hope they do. I like they own their own forest, but if they're volume increases .......... then maybe they gotta go elsewhere to meet demand.

I love B&B and currently have to drive to the nearest academy to get it which is 3.5 hours away. it results in a truckload and requires a lot of storage space. Being able to pick up the good stuff about 3 miles away would be a huge win for the team!!

Back