Spinning some loin backs

COS

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My daughter been asking for ribs for dinner lately. I normally don't do ribs after work due to time constraints, who wants to eat dinner at 9:00pm? I seen fwismoker do ribs on the rotti so figured I would give it a try. Food also gets done a little faster on the rotti. Found a unfrozen rack of loin backs on the way back home and was in business. Just did a simple Frank's hot sauce slather and rubbed with killer hogs rub. Cut the rack in half to put on the spit, sorry fwismoker sort of took your octoforks concept and made it work with my setup. I also used your idea to elevate the lid with a couple of splits.

Here's the ribs on the spit, just put on

An hour into the cook

And just about done, you can see the pig honey mixed in with the rendering fat. There was no spritzing involved up to this point, just self basting.

Ribs were done a little over 1.5hrs. Temps stayed about 325-350. They could've been left on slightly longer. The meat had a little more pull from the bone than I like. It was the first time doing ribs this way, a little learning experience.
Yeah sorry no sliced pics.

They look fantastic! I bet at 2 hours they would've been perfectly tender but I'm sure good eats either way. Nice

• Thanks
Reactions: COS
Nice, COS!

I've only had spinning ribs once, and that was by way of Keith... they were fantastic.

Nice to see you have good results on your end - Wait for that "pig honey" if you can next time.

• Thanks
Nice, COS!

I've only had spinning ribs once, and that was by way of Keith... they were fantastic.

Nice to see you have good results on your end - Wait for that "pig honey" if you can next time.

Thanks, I did have some pig honey coming out. Maybe not enough, I got a baseline to go by for next time.

Wow those look fantastic.

• Thanks
I luv my rotti cookin,,..

kinda like,hot,cool,hot cool,with a short rest in between the heat cycles :)

• Thanks
Those are fantastic looking ribs! I can ether get a Roti kit for my gasser, or the WSM. That's the only thing I would want for cooking right now.

• Thanks
Those are fantastic looking ribs! I can ether get a Roti kit for my gasser, or the WSM. That's the only thing I would want for cooking right now.

I would go for the WSM, so you can still burn wood.

Back