Can I vent with you guys?

Is it possible to make an adjustment to your online Square Market where people can pre-purchase for later pick-up that same day (based on availability at the time of order?). Set a min purchase amount and a cutoff time of 5-6pm, as I'm assuming even if you sell out at 4pm, someone is still at the shop for a few hours afterwards. If they don't get there in time, then they are SOL, no refunds and they don't get their food!!!! If it's noon and they want to order 2lb of brisket and a rack of ribs for 5:30pm, then at least they know they are covered.

One time I went dreaming of getting brisket and it was all gone, but there were 4 other things that were available at the time that were all excellent. If the door is unlocked, then someone is getting a great meal, no matter what they are eating.

Just start playing this when y'all run out.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M1v9NwdWvo"]02 Hell James Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Or you could go another way...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjlgUx7_aN0"]Metallica - Fight Fire with Fire - YouTube[/ame]

a person always needs to vent.....with that said the problem you are having is a good one to have since you are selling out!

Is it possible to make an adjustment to your online Square Market where people can pre-purchase for later pick-up that same day (based on availability at the time of order?). Set a min purchase amount and a cutoff time of 5-6pm, as I'm assuming even if you sell out at 4pm, someone is still at the shop for a few hours afterwards. If they don't get there in time, then they are SOL, no refunds and they don't get their food!!!! If it's noon and they want to order 2lb of brisket and a rack of ribs for 5:30pm, then at least they know they are covered.

One time I went dreaming of getting brisket and it was all gone, but there were 4 other things that were available at the time that were all excellent. If the door is unlocked, then someone is getting a great meal, no matter what they are eating.

Square puts a limitation on pick up orders that are unchangable. It's one of the reasons we don't make the whole menu available online and why a adjusted the hours you can use it. Hopefully they're still tweaking but I think I just got an idea.

Thanks as always.

If there is no advanced ordering set up by Saturday, gonna have to learn the super-secret handshake to bypass the line. Probably going after Disney, hopefully won't be sold-out by then
th_Smiley10.gif

The below photo was posted on Yelp yesterday, showing the line as soon as they open.

l.jpg

Can I just have my order mailed to me?

We have the same problem at our winter time chicken dinners.
They say we are open from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. People come and we are sold out.
We have new blood running things and I am desperately trying to change things.
We open at 11 am and close at 3 pm unless sold out.
Problem solved!

Thank you for doing bbq right, even if some don't understand. People who don't cook don't have a clue. Smoke on brother.

I'm so happy to hear that this is your problem right now!!
I'm guessing that AAA westways magazine artical helped!!

Last edited:
Line when getting there
2d81dae0-6a35-494d-8ae6-98219aba21dc.jpg

The man
20150228_135043.jpg

The boss
20150228_135112.jpg

Bigmista slicing brisket
20150228_135353.jpg

Pleaaaaasssseeeeeee let me lick the board
20150228_135329.jpg

The best turkey ever
20150228_142112.jpg

1/2 of the BAPOM. This is turkey, brisket and hot links. Also got pulled pork and pulled chicken... and cornbread... and mac n cheese
20150228_143011.jpg

Look at that brisket !!!
20150228_150603.jpg

Absolutely amazing. If you have a chance to go, then you have to!

Best turkey ever is no exaggeration. All the food is fantastic. Thanks for posting those pix! I gotta get down there and try some of the new stuff like the pig candy yams, the que buns, and I think I saw some pix of short ribs somewhere the other day.

I am really happy to see how well the spot is doing. Happy - but not surprised. I think most of us around here knew it was gonna blow up. This is well deserved. Neil and Phyllis (and Morgan!) work so dang hard, the food is so dang good, and they're so dang cool. Y'all deserve every good thing that comes your way and I just hope y'all can catch a break once in a while!

Back