THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I used to have a sign up at an old workplace until someone complained and the boss made me take it down.

"A lack of organisation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

Most people got it.

It's a new paradigm that even many markets in Texas have a hard time with. The "when its gone, it's gone", as you know, comes from Central Texas. Those folks are used to it and have learned to live with it, Austin would have it no other way.

Others, expect you to have food till 9PM. Which would be awesome, if the products were as good as we know they are at noon.

Even Ronnie had / has a hard time in Pearland getting folks to understand what's what.

I almost had a mutiny on Sunday when I ran out of ribs before 1PM, because here in Houston, they are not used to folks not having the entire menu all day long. I can only imagine what that's like in CA.

At the end of the day, you have to do what works best for your business model, if its good, they will keep coming!

Hang in there Neil and vent whenever!

You just tell them when they can guarantee they will buy up any extra meat you make each day, you will start making more. Until then, you keep making what you feel comfortable with to make sure you have fresh and quality product.

Awesome problem to have... Or not. Business is an interesting dilemma. I have worked in the construction industry on the business side for the last 30 years. I can't tell you how many times I've been told by owners they've made ALMOST as much when they were running 15 employees as they are running 50 employees! My point is, there seems to be a "Hump" that you either get over the top of or you stay where you are to be successful at what you do. To make that "jump" you have to be ready to accept a whole lot more hassles than where you are today and the question is, is that why you got into this in the beginning? Who and what do you want to be... Answer that and you'll figure out how much meat you want to make and serve EVERY day. Congratulations for getting to this point in your journey! :)

first, u know as well as i do that if you go the old hickory/southern pride route, your product WILL CHANGE.

setting that aside... look at it this way...

yours is a REAL. GOOD. PROBLEM to have. :) Youre blessed.

if someone wanted to volunteer to come and take out the bakery oven put in a new hood, and put in an Ole Hickory or Southernpride and a stove and 2 convection oven I wouldn't turn it down.
Is that all you need? Ask and you shall receive. :thumb:

I'm still new on this site and really to BBQ as a whole, but I've really been trying to pay attention to the business side of this especially with the thread for the Prized Pig. I've read articles on Franklin and Mueller and how they do their business as well. It has really given me some perspective on how hard you guys work to make a living. It's your passion that goes into the food and people appreciate that. If they don't, I feel sorry for them. They just don't get and probably never will.

Keep doing what you're doing. Make quality over quantity and spread the word of what great BBQ should be. If you need to vent on here, go for it.

Have a good one!

Welcome to the board and BBQ as a whole. Glad to have you and thanks for posting!

Wait until they start telling you how to cook. That is always a great time. I really hate when they want to change what is on the menu.

You should get yourself a few of these for the special customers. It won't take up hardly any extra time. :thumb:

41pU77gvjuL.jpg

Those are the people that have no concept of things and chances are they wouldn't even know what they just ate. Same people that will honk at a drive through since it's not moving fast enough or something.

You don't want them anyway.:mrgreen:

:thumb: This!!! These are NOT your real customers. They are whiny, entitlement types that will never be satisfied with anything and will never truly appreciate your product. Smile at them, say, "We open again tomorrow at X:XX and sell until we run out, have a nice day." :wink:

Back