BBQ Outlaws

After reading a couple other threads about politics and BBQ I need to state that I was trying to be funny and not poltical.

From what I read someplace the guy was using "commercial bbq equipment" in a residential area....which he supposedly received a summons for. Will look for the link....

Florida Man Told BBQ Grill Smell Can't Leave his Property

Florida Man Told BBQ Grill Smell Can't Leave his Property

[ame]https://youtu.be/HhMzmUW2Rhk[/ame]

Insanity rules these days, that is crazy. I would really be curious if anything came of that.

KC

What the....? What is wrong with people....I guess they should complain everytime a car passes in the street and release exhaust fumes.....Speechless.

This Chits no different than someone burning wood in their fireplace to keep warm during the winter. Now, i realize this Ole gal lives in Florida but the principal is the same. If they smell a wood burning fireplace would that qualify as the same complaint? Bunch O crap!

Last edited:
Yeah, every time I see this posted and someone saying it's crazy, I wonder if they've actually even watched the footage.

The guys have boatloads of smoke pouring out of the back yard and easily traveling across the street. I've never so much as had a single whisp of smoke visible from my front yard, and my house/property appears no bigger than his.

They also state the guy has been cited for commercial equipment before. WTF is he doing, running a 500gal smoker and tossing ice-cold logs onto a raging fire? The neighbor in that situation had every right to complain, not even about the BBQ smell. It's the damn smoke itself. Unless he can prove otherwise, the evidence against him is pretty clear given the clouds of smoke traveling across the street.

Florida brethren teach them what good smoke is

The crappy neighbor from the BBQ smoke incident took this picture. I don't know if this was them starting their pit or they just have crappy BBQ skills but they need help from Florida brethren that can teach them some skills. lol

Looks like it's engulfing their back yard looking over that fence.

It appears as if the back yard is on fire, so maybe that is why people are complaining?

I am so glad I have the neighbors I have. At 42 I am the youngest person in my hood of all 5 houses or so.

When I fire up the smokers the old timers are amazed that I am cooking on a garbage can and ask me questions about it.

The crappy neighbor from the BBQ smoke incident took this picture. I don't know if this was them starting their pit or they just have crappy BBQ skills but they need help from Florida brethren that can teach them some skills. lol

Looks like it's engulfing their back yard looking over that fence.

Here's the 17 sec video that covers a 1:05 min time frame. Looks like it clears up to me ...... But what do I know?

[ame]http://youtu.be/gokOf6K6RZU[/ame]

I am so glad I have the neighbors I have. At 42 I am the youngest person in my hood of all 5 houses or so.

When I fire up the smokers the old timers are amazed that I am cooking on a garbage can and ask me questions about it.
That's what my wife called my PBC when I first got it. But after tasting the food no complaints. And since I got the new model with porcelain coating she actually thinks it's presentable.

Here's the 17 sec video that covers a 1:05 min time frame. Looks like it clears up to me ...... But what do I know?

http://youtu.be/gokOf6K6RZU
Hard to say with that crappy video and it's been reported 27 times or something. I'm still thinking someone needs to teach them how to start and manage a fire. lol

They should still be allowed to BBQ no matter the size of the grill. The county told me in an email that they had a "commercial grill" I replied back asking what and who determines what a commercial grill is.

just a theory, but could that be from a starter chimney? mine always blows a big ol cloud out for a minute or so, then poof it quickly fades away.

just a theory, but could that be from a starter chimney? mine always blows a big ol cloud out for a minute or so, then poof it quickly fades away.
I got a feeling it's an ongoing thing from the cook. They're probably cooking larger quantities of chicken over a charcoal pit. If that's the case i'd give them the benefit because it's basically impossible not to have white smoke as that grease drips.

Man...my neighbours rock...I am sometimes smoking stuff overnight and the smell is there and their windows are open and they never complained at all!!!

Back