What do you slop on top?

I have a line up of sauces for Pulled pork and I use a Different one on each samich I eat I like to spread the love around, life is too short ta dance with 1 partner.

First up is my version of a Lexington dip, then there is Roxies Mustard, Shack attack, my TX Red, Mike Mills sauce,and a recent addition is Griffin's.

Blu's Tx Red

1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Water ( Sub Beer if desired)
3 tbl Brown sugar
1 tea sp Chili Powder
1 tea sp Salt
1/2 tea sp Black Pepper
1 Table sp Diablo jalapeno Mustard ( Sub 3 rings Pickled Jalapeno fine mince & yellar mustard)
pinch of Cayenne or to taste

Disolve the salt and sugar in the Vinegar/ Water add remaining ingredients whisk to combine and bottle let stand 2-3 hrs.

Blu's Lexington Dip
tip'n my hat to Lexington Tx Forgive me Ms Tootsie

Ingredients

1 cup ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
3 Tbl Brown sugar
2 Tbl Worcestershire
1 Tbl Mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Red pepper flake
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Citrtc acid

Put everything but the ketchup in a pot and bring it to a simmer for 15 min allow to cool whisk in the ketchup.

axebuilder-albums-miscellaneous-picture52670-holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

not a sauce but alot of times i will use grilled vadalia onions on pulled pork with melted cheese.

I make a "Central NC style" sauce (hybrid between Eastern NC sauce and Lexington dip with a strong vinegar twang) that I mix into the pulled pork, then top the sammie with a thick slice of ripe tomato (NO SLAW!).

I use slaw sometimes, other times not. My slaw is closer to a Japanese Tsukemono, that is to day, sugar and vinegar cured and slightly fermented. No mayo.

I use all manner of sauces from a real North Carolina vinegar based version, to a very California fruit based sauce. Pork is so versatile.

Yep. I always slaw my sandwiches. No mayo in mine either, and I prefer to actually make my slaw a couple days in advance if possible. I do add oil though. How do you ferment yours, Bob? I find that interesting.

I wish I could get some of the sauce that I grew up with. It was at Gibson's BBQ on South Memorial Parkway in Huntsville, Alabama in the 60's. I remember it as a thin vinegar sauce with a little heat.

Back