Shenanigans in "Clovistan" - Ongoing Post w/ Pr0n

Well... sometimes life throws you a curveball.

I saw three places yesterday:

Carmichael-Bed-Ink_1024x1024-440x328.jpg
+
two-piece-toilets-1.jpg

Luckily, by the early afternoon I could include
salema_sofa_sleeper_polo_slate_front.jpg

Weekend's plan ROLEX'd 24 hours. This morning I awoke feeling about 95%, and incredibly thankful.

Today - Bucc's Thai-Inspired (and marinated) St. Louis Spare Ribs
Tomorrow - T.Mac's Latin Wings (hope the extra 24 in the marinade doesn't cause problems)!

Assuming, of course, the 130s I'm thinking of are on the far end of the runway near the Wilmot gate.

These are from last spring while we were installing communication lines for the new runway lighting...ILS, I believe?

If those are the Sandias in the background, I've flown in/out of there many many times... but I'm about 3.5 hours (by car) to the East of your photo. But, yes... if that's ABQ, you've got the right horses in view. They're in use by the school house where we learn to fly them.

How is the Munchkin?

The munchkin is doing great, Marty. Hard to believe she's almost one (w/in days).

Glad you're feeling better!

That picture is from DM. The scenery looked familiar, but apparently not. My bad.

Still a neat bird! I've enjoyed my flights on them, except combat landings. No windows leads to a WTF feeling.

Cheers, JB.

Have plenty of brethren there in the Rescue community.

Yes, Max Effort aka Assault take-offs and landings can be a little... unnerving when riding in the back.

FANCY...... Yall said C130's? That's what me Pops flew when I was a Wee Lad........out of McGuire in the mid 70's........We always searched his pockets of his Flight Suit when he got back/ walked in for Chiclets Gum and any other prizes.....

Last edited:
Braved some "thunder sleet" (that's a first time for me) for some errands around back. Moved my kettle under the overhang while hoping that the smoke continues to waft away from the house.

2017-01-15%2012.11.23_zpsvyfkp8nu.jpg

Fired up a 2/3 chimney of lump, added it and some pecan to the kettle, and settled those Thai-inspired Marinated ribs on the grate.

2017-01-15%2012.33.26_zpsal0wu9mk.jpg

Garlic, Shallot, Thai Chili, Lemon Grass, a little sugar, Soy, and Fish Sauce make a mean coating on these babies.

2017-01-15%2012.33.32_zpsshdfdaa8.jpg

Munchkin just had her first taste of rib tips... hit with John Henry's Apple Chipotle... and loved it!

2017-01-15%2014.54.32_zpsuuaqfn25.jpg

2017-01-15%2014.54.48_zpsh5gkwfhd.jpg

Ribs are looking tasty. It's about time to flip 'em over for some color on the other side.

2017-01-15%2014.54.54_zps3doplee4.jpg

Kettle's been running about 290-310F today. Thundersleet reverted back to boring rain and fog.

Toothpick Check - Complete!

Thinner rib tips and St. Louis rack are ready to come inside.

2017-01-15%2016.12.34_zps1lpm9b8y.jpg

I'd forgotten how much the marinade affects the rib cooking time (about 45 minutes)... so the big rack is resting in a warm oven. Time to whip up a batch of Sriracha Glaze.

2017-01-15%2016.13.48_zpsiidawxuc.jpg

Making Clovis great! Great cooks in some inclimate weather.

Making Clovis great!

Somebody's gotta try!

Glad you got it back on track

Brother... you have NO idea how much I agree with you right now. :wacko:

Sorry, but this is the last shot of the ribs I got before I was bum-rushed. It's a bit dark, and I didn't get any pictures once I actually cut into them.

I glazed the ribs twice on the top and once on the bottom... about 10 minutes between applications... then let the rack rest in a warm oven for about... 15-20 minutes until Momma had the baby bok choi done.

2017-01-15%2018.55.56_zpsspamq4tr.jpg

You're almost done with me for the weekend.

Tonight's Latin Wings (a la T.Mac) moved 24 hours to the right, and will be dinner on Monday.

Tomorrow - T.Mac's Latin Wings (hope the extra 24 in the marinade doesn't cause problems)!

You should be fine. Maybe just a little stronger flavor. Looking forward to hearing how they turned out with that other rub.

Sorry to hear you had a rough Saturday.

Back