BGE thermometer = Thermopen?

bigalprimomaster

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Big Green Egg brand instant read thermometer is just a branded Thermopen?

I own both, and they are NOT the same model!! Thermapen >>>>> BGE Instant Read!!

Thanks for the input. Newbie question, what makes the Themapen better, speed, accuracy? The BGE one seems to read quick and according to boiling water is fairly accurate.

Speed, accuracy and customer service for me. If I am checking a bunch of chicken pieces, for example, even a couple of seconds per piece can make a difference. The faster I can get the cooker closed the less heat is lost.

i agree wiht ron thermapen the most reliable no second guessing

Yeah my older BGE is definitely NOT a thermapen. I prefer my Thermopop over the BGE.

Speed, accuracy and customer service for me. If I am checking a bunch of chicken pieces, for example, even a couple of seconds per piece can make a difference. The faster I can get the cooker closed the less heat is lost.

lol you guys are to the point of obsession!

a couple seconds making a difference......you guys are SERIOUS!

As others have mentioned its a PT 100.. I have one that is Maverick Branded. I was debating between it and the Thermapen and choose the Maverick.. Have not regretted it.. Its fast I love the readout and I have had zero problems with mine in 2 years.

The BGE rebranded one is usually priced high ($99) I paid like 80 for my Maverick but you can find them on amazon from time to time from 45-50 dollars..

Back