Lone Star Grillz offset vertical 24x30x36

Harrjack

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these smokers. Some questions I have, tempature control, how hot can you get cooking camber, water no water, using only wood. Any information you can share will be appreciated.

Great cooker! oldbill or ssv will be here any second...

Anyone have experience with these smokers. Some questions I have, tempature control, how hot can you get cooking camber, water no water, using only wood. Any information you can share will be appreciated.

I have it. I love it. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Love the small footprint and humongous cooking space. Quality craftsmanship and customer service is second to none.

Temp control is just like any quality stick burner. The unit has excellent draft and almost takes no effort to control temps. I've only taken cooking chamber temps to 400 but it can easily surpass that from my experience. You can burn sticks or charcoal but sticks will give you optimum performance. After all it's a stick burner. You can also use it as a water smoker. All you do is fill the bottom of the chamber with water. I've never put water in it and don't plan to as it produces amazingly moist meats without. The wall between the cooking chamber and firebox is raised which allows you to easily fill it with a few gallons of water. The raised wall or the barrier is also a trap to avoid grease fires.

Here is a detailed link of my LSG with a lot of pics, details and some of the options I've chosen on mine. Let me know if you have anymore questions. My buddy OldBill will chime in shortly I'm sure.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199899

Last edited:
Back