My new smoker and review

Brisket, porchetta, pulled pork? Heck of a cook!

It all looks great, but the smoke ring in the flat is mighty respectable, it is.

Now I can get behind The Pack.

Curious - what was it about your old smoker that took the fun out of it?

Now I can get behind The Pack.

Curious - what was it about your old smoker that took the fun out of it?

I had a Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited. I did all the mods to it like chimney extension, convection plate, sealed the doors, etc. No matter what I did I couldn't control the temp. One minute it would spike over 300 then it would almost die out and take me forever to get it going again. I got the guru after awhile to run on it hoping that would make a difference, but it didn't. It got really old having to sit by it every second of the day just to try to keep the spike or crash in temps from happening.

Congrats...I am planning on a battle box in March. Have a trip to St. Louis planned for my wife's birthday and plan to go to St. Louis BBQ and take a look. The back seats to the mini van will be out just in case the have one that looks good and fits....I hope to take one home.

I am curious, from Wisconsin, how come you didn't get a John Deere green (and yellow) like the Aaron Rogers Packers????

Congrats...I am planning on a battle box in March. Have a trip to St. Louis planned for my wife's birthday and plan to go to St. Louis BBQ and take a look. The back seats to the mini van will be out just in case the have one that looks good and fits....I hope to take one home.

I am curious, from Wisconsin, how come you didn't get a John Deere green (and yellow) like the Aaron Rogers Packers????

I am a packer fan, just didn't want my smoker those colors. I wanted something that wouldn't show the dirtiness as much so I went with dark colors. I did toss around going with Badger doors though.

Nice looking new smoker, and it looks like you are already putting her to good use. There's just something about it that seems a little off. I think it needs the following:

Michigan-Wolverines-300x225.jpg

Ah yes. That's it. That would make it much better... :mrgreen:

Nice looking new smoker, and it looks like you are already putting her to good use. There's just something about it that seems a little off. I think it needs the following:

Michigan-Wolverines-300x225.jpg

Ah yes. That's it. That would make it much better... :mrgreen:

Yep...Just like the Ohio St. comment...puked again...LOL

Back