Smoked Chicken and Noodles

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Chickens were on sale super cheap, so I grabbed a couple to make chicken and noodles.

2 5lb chooks - Total cost $7.50 Seasoned lightly with spog

Chickens went on the shirley around 300. Here they are done -

I picked the bones clean, then put the bones back on the smoker for an hour or so..

Before -

After -

Cooked the bones all day with some carrots, onions, celery, garlic and herbs.

Next its noodle time. 2 1/2 cups flour, pinch of salt. Add 2 beaten eggs 1 tbls butter and 1/2 cup of milk. Knead for a few minutes and then let rest for 10 -

After 10 minutes, I cut it in half and rolled it out. I leave them thick, like mom used to make.

I let the noodles dry out a bit while I strained the broth

I could just drink this stuff. So farkin good

Added a whole chicken back in, along with some fresh carrots and celery.

Let that cook a few minutes till the veggies are soft, then I added the noodles.

Time to eat

This did not suck. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That is impressive. Great job.

That looks amazing. My wife for prefers having the broth Veggies and noodles- no chicken. She does not like the smoke flavor from the carcass. When we have done that before it did not taste very good. Maybe the carcass just had too much smoke

Thanks George!

The smoke flavor was really mild in the broth. We enjoyed it. The fire was mostly coals when I cooked the carcasses, so maybe that had something to do with it, I dunno..

I could inhale a couple bowls of that. Thanks for sharing the great recipe.

I never thought to smoke roast the carcass first :thumb:

First for me too, Steve. I gotta say, wow it was good. I would like to do the chickens a day ahead next time so I can see what happens after 3-4 hours in the smoker, or more even. I only did any hour because I really wanted to get them into the broth, but I'd be curious to see how far I could take it.

Looks really good!

Back