Show your BBQ Area

so I would like to contribute. here is my current set up, and this will be for the next 9 months and then I am moving to OR and will get to start all over hopefully in my OWN house (again...divorce sucks!)

F15dgDC.jpg

UOYayUT.jpg

Isn't much or as nice as some but you get the idea. I sectioned off the back corner of my yard then but down some sand with crushed stone on top. As soon as I remove the shrubs you see in the picture I'm moving the plastic storage shed out which will give me more room. I've had that old stainless grill cabinet for years, will probably make a top out of plywood for now and maybe a shelf in there somewhere. Once the shed is moved I will move my weber kettle in. Eventually I will build a roof but for now this works.
Most importantly it makes the wife happy because my stuff isn't all over the side of the house!

Looks good to me. Like an outdoor mancave.
An extension cord to the mini-fridge....oh yea.....

this is my one out front of my house for my Stump's Junior and keeps me and my smoker dry when smoking . building a new one for my Shirley in a few months but will be a lot bigger , lol . people might wonder why put it out front of my house but I live in the country and I get to see the pretty sunsets here in Missouri .

20140713_211504.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

I have been wanting to put a lean-to on the back of my house for some time now. The only real big thing stopping me is the fact that it's ANOTHER roof to clean snow off of. New England has its advantages, but snow is not one of them when it comes to house maintenance.

Attach some electric in-floor heating grid to the underneath of the wood.
That way, when the snow comes, you flip a switch for a couple hours and melt the snow off.

You New Englanders haven't figured that out by now? ;)

Attach some electric in-floor heating grid to the underneath of the wood.
That way, when the snow comes, you flip a switch for a couple hours and melt the snow off.

You New Englanders haven't figured that out by now? ;)

Haha, oh we have. My wife can't shut a light off to save her life, so one less switch to worry about is good to me. Also, when we get a couple feet at a time, those setups can't keep up and you gotta get up there anyway. But that's why I have a young able bodied son that I am grooming to do aaaaaaaaaaaaaall my wonderful chores like that. Haha!

Last edited:
Still a work in progress, got to finish laying pave'rs on side and behind shed. Looking for that special piece of wood to make a bar on the side. Found a piece this past weekend 1 1/2"X16"X8' of live edge red ceder but the guy that has it wants a bundle for it.

View attachment 113872

Last edited:
Back