Blues Hog 50/50 Mix Chicken Legs

WHS88

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I made some chicken legs tonight with the 50/50 mix of Blues Hog Original and Tennessee Red. Turned out fantastic! Kids loved them. Sorry I didn't get any pics on the grill, but at least I have the finished product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 271
Looks good! I tried BH 50/50 on chicken last week and it rocked. :thumb:

Definitely a winning combination.

I've not heard of the 50/50 mix, but after seeing this plan to educate myself. Those look great! Something about the combination of legs, kids, and paper plates . . . it's just right. Thanks for sharing.

They look great!
I have the same plates too. :grin:

I've not heard of the 50/50 mix, but after seeing this plan to educate myself. Those look great! Something about the combination of legs, kids, and paper plates . . . it's just right. Thanks for sharing.

Just get a jar of each flavor and mix them 50/50. Makes a good, not too sweet and not too spicy flavor.

Thanks to all for noticing my fine china!! The pattern is called "single dad with kids" by Dixie lol!

I have never done chicken on a grill what the best way and temps? I can put it on my 640 thanks

I have never done chicken on a grill what the best way and temps? I can put it on my 640 thanks

If you've never done chicken on the grill, you've never done chicken! Just kidding, but it's about the only way I will eat it. As far as how, I can't say the way I do it is best, but it's the way my kids will eat it. They don't like much "char" on the chicken. I put my coals on one side of the kettle and the chicken on the other side. Sort of an indirect method. Try to keep my temp around 375-400. I put it on naked or lightly seasoned rotating and turning every 7-10 minutes. Cook time depends on what cut. I cooked those legs for about 35 minutes and my internal temp was about 170-175 (I know that's higher than they have to be, but by the time I thought they looked done, that's where they were). I then basted with the sauce and put them back on for about 10 minutes turning a few times to set the sauce. They came off super juicy and tender.

Yup that plate will do just fine.

Nice looking chicken legs. My favorite way to cook them by far. If you like the 50/50 BH blend on chicken you should try it on ribs. It is off the chart good. Especially if you smoke the ribs with some apple wood.

Nice looking chicken legs. My favorite way to cook them by far. If you like the 50/50 BH blend on chicken you should try it on ribs. It is off the chart good. Especially if you smoke the ribs with some apple wood.

I plan to give that a try next time I cook some ribs! Maybe Sunday afternoon. Thanks!

Back