Must-Go-To BBQ Joints in TX Hill Country?

Durangutan

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Currently traveling in the Texas Hill Country. Won't be going to Austin so, those spots aside, where are the BBQ joints y'all never miss? Thanks!

Lockhart

If you can get to Lockhart there are several good ones there.

Kreuz's (my favorite)
Smitty's
Blacks"s

The TM articles ae good.

Kreuz, pork chops and clod. Blacks, beef ribs. Smittys, sausage. Close to luling, city market sausage. Not far away depends on from which direction you're getting there. Louie mueller and taylor cafe in taylor texas.

I really enjoyed Opie's in spicewood during our trip in April. Wife still talks about the spicy corn & I thought their meats held up well against some of the other places we stopped at in Austin.

If Saturday is possible, Snow's in Lexington is amazing. Pain in the butt to be there...they open at 8:00 am and pretty much are out of food by noon. Only open on Saturday. But...a simply enjoyable experience with Tootise, the pitmaster and the BBQ is outstanding.

Get there at 7:30. There will still be 40-50 people in line ahead of you.

No brainer for Hill Country -- Buzzie's BBQ in Kerrville.

Thanks all! I'm in Kerrville now so will check Buzzie's out. We're just wandering so I'll get the road map out and see which of the other spots we can get to this week. Thanks again!

I did the the Lockhart loop, Blacks was a standout for brisket and hot links. All were outstanding, make the trip you won't regret it. Just go hungry.

Thanks again everyone! We did make it to Buzzie's while in Kerrville and pigged out! Certain we'll be back. Spent a lot of time looking at property in the area and also much time at the Nimitz/Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg. The latter was unexpectedly overwhelming in its comprehensiveness and thus spent a little less time doing other stuff we thought we might get to. We did stumble on to Cooper's in Llano, however, and embarrassed ourselves in our crapulence though our neighbors at the table seemed to delight in our delight and chatted as though we'd met them there for lunch every week for years. Had a great time and look forward to another trip to Texas!

Back