But do I need it?

ewknapp08

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My current arsenal consists of a Klose off set, Weber Master Touch 22' kettle, Weber one touch 22", custom made UDS and a Weber Genesis. Came upon a 18.5" WSM for $150.00. The asking price is great.....but do I need it?

Thats the question the wifey is asking. Help me justify it.

Or purses??? :mrgreen:

If you ask that question the answer is always YES. At least for me. :becky:

Go for it! Also since you have two 22 kettles, a stacker ring is another option for about the same amount which could save you some space if needed.

To put it simply....yes lol. That's a great price. Wsm's are great set it and forget it cookers. The 18 is great, you can fit a lot more food on them than you'd think (with the $30 weber hanging kit you can hang 6 full racks of ribs pretty easily). I may be biased but I do love my wsm.

Yes.
One: good price.
Two: more cooking options
Three: space saving option
Four: can become a specialized cooker for x protein
Five: it's your hobby and it will help you learn

What Ive started doing when I see a deal is contact friends and family. I really don't have a need or want for anything other than what I have right now. I still enjoy the hunt and the find. Punish the monkey and put it on someone else's back.

I really don't have a need or want for anything other than what I have right now. I still enjoy the hunt and the find. Punish the monkey and put it on someone else's back.

did that sound dirty to anyone else?:shocked: sorry!:tsk:

I couldn't pass up a deal on a 18.5 WSM. I went with the "I need a fish dedicated smoker, you don't want my meat to smell like fish, do you?" :icon_smile_tongue:

My late wife and I joked it was called carats for calibers. Same goes for you, get the WSM and go shopping with her for something she wants.

There is very little we need but wanting is a whole different ball game. I always say if I can afford it and it wont put me in debt and it wont put off anything that is a priority then why not. We only live once.

Back