My next kettle grill - need help

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
My old weber kettle is in need of replacement.
I can get here in Israel a Weber model that is called master touch premium for about $640.
I could not find it int US site. Here is the local link so you can see what it looks like. It has a spring lid hinge which I did not see on the US site:
https://www.weber.co.il/גריל-פחמים-master-touch-57cm-premium/

I can also get the SNS deluxe kettle with the sns basket shipped for about the same price.
https://snsgrills.com/collections/grills/products/deluxe-kettle-grill

I like the features of the sns but also have had a good experience with Weber.
Would be happy to hear your opinions.

My vote would be for the SNS Kettle. I have both the SNS Kettle and the Weber Kettle and both are great, but the SNS Kettle is better pretty much everywhere. The SNS Kettle is more stable, has a better ash clean out system, in my opinion better control of airflow, and I also appreciate the placement of the thermometer as it's set near grate level.

That's what I was thinking.
Since I haven't been able to see one the opinions of the brethren matter very much.

I bought a SnS kettle last year and like SmoothBoarBBQ mentioned.... they basically improved on a number of features that Weber kettle have. The 'smoke hole' and 'probe hole' sounded like good ideas, and I had my doubts until my first cook. Both are very handy. Since I have small and large Eggs, I only use the deluxe charcoal basket mostly for indirect cooking, but there is ample room for searing or for using the 'spin & sear' technique.

The only issue I noticed (so far) is a small amount of surface rust on the lower wire shelf. It's around some of the cross-wire welds.

If I were in your shoes and still interested in kettle cooking, I would 100% go with the SNS for a couple reasons, although I have no first hand experience with the SNS.

One, the SNS by everything I’ve read and watched is the better product, and secondly, I no longer have any brand loyalty to webber…

Well I tried to order from sns. After a day they canceled my order saying they do not ship internationally.
I am checking with several companies the shipment cost. Hopefully I'll find a reasonable quote.

Hopefully you can get things sorted out.

I've not looked at the SNS kettle before, I've been a Weber guy my whole life.

If I need to replace any of my kettles, it'll be a SNS.

I prefer stainless grates for the long haul , I think the SS holds heat great on the good grates, no rust involved for a lot longer than the cast imo

Well I got a better qoute on delivery. So I made the order on the SNS.
I hope this one will not be cancellled for some reason. I really want to get that one and start cooking on it.

hope it works out

I don't own an SNS, but agree with others that SNS is superior to master touch premium and route I would go

When is dinner ready???
Pobably in 2-4 weeks.
Meanwhile enjoy my latest weber cook:-D
HLXzZO5l.jpg

It came!!!
I got the deluxe sns grill it comes with the latest sns and I added the dripp 'n' roast pan
E1mjejlh.jpg

Assembly was not too hard. Also got om complementary bbq tools.
s189wf6h.jpg

Now to burn and cook.
BTW the packaging was amazing. Except for the accessories everything was in a 26X26X40 box.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make this purchase!

Back