want a wsm

hhoenig

have a pk original,22" weber kettle, lodge sportsman hibachi, vintage weber gasser. would like a wsm, but do I really need it?

Yes,you need it.I have the22,18 and 14 WSM.They ALL have their place.I also have over a dozen other smokers and grills.They are all suited to specific cooks.I use them all depending on what I am cooking and how manyI am cooking for.

Every smoker has a different profile. New tastes. Find your perfect taste!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you need it. If you were closer, I’d sell you one of mine.

have a pk original,22" weber kettle, lodge sportsman hibachi, vintage weber gasser. would like a wsm, but do I really need it?

sure you need it!
I have a 14" WSM, a Master Touch and a Smokey Joe....
but still thinking about a Offset Smoker or a pellet.... :oops:

I own a WSM and have started using it like a drum by hanging ribs and chicken. They are versatile and inexpensive especially if you find a nice used one on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

The WSM is a great smoker, and one that will give you the ability to really get that smoked flavor in to your foods. Easy to use and will run easily for 10 - 12 hours. Only suggestion is to ( I know there will be some responses to this) get the aftermarket SS door.

I love my WSM 22. Once I figured out my mid section was a little out of round and got her evened out, that sucker will hold steady for hours and hours.

Some will recommend 18”, and they have very valid points, and you should take them all into consideration. But IMO, I’d go 22 again if doing it over. I’m saying this because accessing the bottom rack while cooking up top can be a bit annoying, especially if you’re thermo’d up top, so the 22 gives you a better chance at fitting your entire cook up top, depending how much you’re cooking.

Tons of mod options as well.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
It would be a perfect compliment to your current setup. If need was an important consideration, none of us would have any of the multiple cookers we own. The more important questions would be 1. do you want one? , 2. will you use it? , 3. is it in your budget?

The only regret I have is getting the 18.5. Should have gotten the big one.

Back