Octoforks for Turkey Day!

jbounds286

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ordered up a pair of Octoforks from Fwismoker to use on my rotisserie turkey this year. Last year i tried using kitchen twine to hold the thing together..didnt work so well lol....but these things...hold strong!

[ame]https://youtu.be/SHl2j7oQOEY[/ame]

Wow nice Josh, you spun end over end too. My cook time was only 2.5 for both

Nice. I could use that for my turkey today. Going to try and fit in my 6 inch ez-que basket.
I would like to roti a brisket with that also.

Can't wait to put my OctoForks into action, look like they are doing a great job for that bird. Still like that cooker, gonna have to build myself one :wink:

Josh how long did yours cook spinning in that profile vs the traditional way? I gotta say I was shocked how fast mine cooked....with the cavity holes wide open facing the heat I think it basically cooked equal inside and outside at the same time.

Josh how long did yours cook spinning in that profile vs the traditional way? I gotta say I was shocked how fast mine cooked....with the cavity holes wide open facing the heat I think it basically cooked equal inside and outside at the same time.

Traditional way as in horizontal with the legs being closed? I think with the cavity being open is the biggest difference.

Traditional way as in horizontal with the legs being closed? I think with the cavity being open is the biggest difference.
Yes exactly, open veritical and cavities facing the direction of the heat. Gotta say I was very surprised the difference from horizontal.

turned out amazing! it looks crispy but it wasnt...the skin was perfect! only took 2.5 hours on this 23# bird! amazingly moist and those octoforks made it significantly easier!

2016-11-24%2013.47.03.jpg

2016-11-24%2013.56.59.jpg

turned out amazing! it looks crispy but it wasnt...the skin was perfect! only took 2.5 hours on this 23# bird! amazingly moist and those octoforks made it significantly easier!
2.5 hours..Perfect! I was hoping you had the same experience. I had lost my coal base taking the 007 to where our meal was so my fire wasn't very hot for the first hour and still finished @ 2.5. Glad it went good this year and again it looks great, Everyone loves a moist turkey!

^^^Yes (sort of) I'm in the process of setting up on the "sales and ventures" on here, I have a Facebook store opened for the Octoforks only but soon will have complete kits and the website is coming soon and will have ala cart and complete kits with Octoforks, motors etc...and full kits.

Shipping one out to a California brethren today.

Can they be used on a PBC or WSM without modifying the pit?

Can they be used on a PBC or WSM without modifying the pit?

They can be used on any cooker that accepts a rotisserie. Now being that the pbc is so tiny you may not have room for food and all 40 coals.

^^^Yes (sort of) I'm in the process of setting up on the "sales and ventures" on here, I have a Facebook store opened for the Octoforks only but soon will have complete kits and the website is coming soon and will have ala cart and complete kits with Octoforks, motors etc...and full kits.

Shipping one out to a California brethren today.

I'm pretty sure I'm interested in a 22" setup for a UDS or kettle. Let me know.

Back