Rub bags

bimmerdad

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have seen a few people that make their own rubs and have them put into bags like rubs you find in stores. I would like to be able to bag my rubs and give it to friends and relatives.

I have searched but have been unable to find anything like these bags. Can someone direct me to where I can purchase these bags and how they are sealed? (do you use a food sealer or something like that)

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks

Mark

I can't help you there. I save all my old spice jugs and use those to give out rubs.
Good luck.

B B just nailed it. I personally save my old sprinkle containers like
insaneh, but vac packed and shipped makes sense.
I don't like USING rubs out of ziplock bags;
a piece of rub may get caught in the zipper and allow air to infiltrate;
However, used spice sprinklers are not airtight, either.

Like ButtBurner said.... Vac-Seal bags that expose a ziplock seal when the end is cut off.

This may not be what you are looking for but, I have cleaned used potatoe chip bags and vacuum sealed them :wink:.

Bingo! [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Metallic-Foil-Stand-Ziplock/dp/B00DJCRJ28/ref=pd_sim_indust_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0K4MJPDCJCDEH250W7A7"]Amazon.com: 100 PCs Gold Metallic Foil Stand up Ziplock Bag 8cm x 13cm 3.15'' x 5.12'': Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WKVFFBIeL.@@AMEPARAM@@41WKVFFBIeL[/ame]

Do I understand this right? These bags are for coffee beans but not ground coffee?
last line:
"hese bags do WONDERS to preserve coffee aromatics! Valve bags are not good for storing ground coffee"

Yes, they are for coffee geeks (like BBQ Geeks) who roast their own. After roasting the beans gas off for a couple days so they essentially drive the O2 out on their own. They say they are not good for ground coffee because for the best coffee you grind immediately before use, and if you did pre grind large quantities you would want to vac seal (preferably flushed) for best quality.

Back