Question about chamber vacuum sealer bags

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
If you have one, what brand bags do you use and where do you purchase? Looked a several different sealer brands and just purchased/ordered an Ary Vacmaster 230. Could have swore that I read on the Ary site to only use smooth sided bags but cannot find that now.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
I buy in bulk from Amazon, Ultrasource brand. I bought 3 different sizes, 500-1000 of each. They’re way more affordable than buying the rolls for an external type sealer.

One of the "features" of a chamber sealer is that smooth bags and the textured bags will all work. I usually keep a 15" textured roll to make longer bags as needed for my VP320 chamber sealer.

One of the "features" of a chamber sealer is that smooth bags and the textured bags will all work. I usually keep a 15" textured roll to make longer bags as needed for my VP320 chamber sealer.

As Rexster said above, both types of bags will work.. The smooth bags will only work inside the chamber. Normal textured channel bags will work inside or outside of the chamber. Say that you have a full rack of ribs that won't fit in the chamber. Use the textured roll and make a bag a bit longer than needed for the ribs. Throw one end over the seal bar, close the lid, start the cycle, then hit stop. That will seal the end. Put your ribs in the bag and with the ribs outside the chamber, lay the open end over the seal bar inside the chamber and lower the lid.

What it basically does is turn your chamber vac into an edge sucker. BTW, this really only works on machines that have the seal bar at the front.

In most cases, it's better to use the smooth bags simply due to the much lower cost per bag. I get my bags from Amazon, Webstaurantstore or Vacuum Sealers Unlimited. No real preference, just whichever is cheaper for the size of 4mil bag that I happen to be wanting at the time.

Back