Academy Sports & OLd Country Pits

bwram1

is one Smokin' Farker
Just trying to figure out what's going on with Old Country at Academy...

They had been carrying seven different pits but now show just four online...two of which are out of stock. They clearanced the baby Over & Under (Flowmaster?) The Wrangler and Smokehouse are no longer found at all. The Pecos and Angus show as "Out of Stock".

When I googled the Wrangler and Smokehouse, I got links to Academy. Upon clicking the links, I got "We don't currently carry this product, but here are some items we think you'll like". This sucks since I am trying to get my hands on a Smokehouse and the 4-5 stores within reasonable driving distance have none in stock. If they are simply out of stock, wouldn't it just say that as it does with Pecos and Angus?

It's almost as though Academy is phasing out the Old Country Pits, which I hope is not the case. Anyone have any insight they care to share? :confused:

I would call some stores and ask. In the past they used to clearance out cookers and that's when I would buy. Haven't done that in years that I'm aware of. I hope the oc line isn't going away. Smitty might cry actual tears.

kind of the off season to buy a smoker so they probably made room for the Christmas season , I bet they re-stock them and just give them a call .

I would call some stores and ask. In the past they used to clearance out cookers and that's when I would buy. Haven't done that in years that I'm aware of. I hope the oc line isn't going away. Smitty might cry actual tears.

I love my Over n Under! Just want a bit more space for a bit more meat. I assure you...Smitty won't be the only one crying if the OC Pits go bye bye! :sad:

You can call the 1-800 # for customer service and they will tell you which stores have what in stock. That's how I found my Wrangler. Just had to drive 90 miles one way to get it. It's been worth it.

They come and go on Online Site when the Online Warehouse(s) is out of Stock. Dont know why it doesn't just say out of stock but I've seen this several times. Could be some Stupid computer program that drops it if quantity is Zero for too long. They'll be back. Not sure on Flowmaster or Wrangler but I'm sure the Rest will be back. Smokers always sell Big thru Holidays.

They come and go on Online Site when the Online Warehouse(s) is out of Stock. Dont know why it doesn't just say out of stock but I've seen this several times. Could be some Stupid computer program that drops it if quantity is Zero for too long. They'll be back. Not sure on Flowmaster or Wrangler but I'm sure the Rest will be back. Smokers always sell Big thru Holidays.

Flowmaster is likely no more as it was clearanced...likely due to it basically being an Over and Under with a much smaller footprint and only $100 price difference. Who wouldn't pay an extra Benjamin and create the space for the OU?
Maybe I'm just panicking or something but, not being able to get my Smokehouse, understandably so.

I will.just be glad when they finally put the OU on sale so I can possibly get one. Dido you buy yours on sale from.academy?

I will.just be glad when they finally put the OU on sale so I can possibly get one. Dido you buy yours on sale from.academy?

I wish! I sat around all last winter debating it at $499.99...when I finally decided to pull the trigger back in February, they had jacked it up $100. By that time, I was far too excited about getting it to not buy it. To be honest, I have never seen Academy run any sales on OC other than clearing out the Flowmasters recently.

Out of curiosity I contacted Old Country Pits about this. They said the Wrangler has been discontinued and it will be replaced by the Wrangler Jr. The Jr will be thinner metal like the Pecos. They told me they did this because Academy Sports wanted something more affordable which is why it will be a little smaller and thinner metal.

Out of curiosity I contacted Old Country Pits about this. They said the Wrangler has been discontinued and it will be replaced by the Wrangler Jr. The Jr will be thinner metal like the Pecos. They told me they did this because Academy Sports wanted something more affordable which is why it will be a little smaller and thinner metal.

Pecos was a better buy than the Wrangler imo, more cooking space. I really like the Over/Under the best out of all the Old Country Pits.

Did they say why the Smokehouse isn't found? Also, I imagine the Wrangler Jr will land in the $299 range(?), since is is gonna be smaller and thinner...Was already smaller than the Pecos and will likely be same gauge of steel now.

Pecos was a better buy than the Wrangler imo, more cooking space. I really like the Over/Under the best out of all the Old Country Pits.

I agree with the Over n Under being OC at their best. Wouldn't let mine go for anything at this point...But I really would like to get my hands on a Smokehouse as well.

Did they say why the Smokehouse isn't found? Also, I imagine the Wrangler Jr will land in the $299 range(?), since is is gonna be smaller and thinner...Was already smaller than the Pecos and will likely be same gauge of steel now.

I did not mention anything about the smokehouse. I forgot to.

Back