26" Kettle and Mojoe

mams99

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Dear all, I have been looking at the site, but just joined as I couldn't find a search function to find this answer. And yes, I have asked this question to Mojoe yesterday.

I have a Weber 26" kettle. I only need it/use it for big parties/events which I have a couple times a year. I saw here or on the weber site a photo of someone using it in a 26" (it fit's inside nicely, but it's lower in the kettle than on the 22" that sits on top).

First, does anyone else use the Mojoe on the 26" and how does it feel/work? Should I just get a used on CL 22" (they are so cheap)?

Second, I know about the cast iron grates and griddle from Craycort for a griddle, but I don't want to go that route. Doesn't seem great for pancakes and burrgers and bacon - at least not as easy as the Mojoe for a gazillion people.

And third, and this is a long shot... if someone is in the B'more DC area that is selling one or could loan one, I'm running a camp over Memorial Weekend for 130 people and I need one?

Regarding the search function...

From our FAQ...

Where is the SEARCH and NEW POST feature.
The standard search is at the bottom of the forum. Its uses the google search engine but only searchs our forum and is available to everyone with or without a subscription. The expanded search is included with subscriptions and is on the blue menu bar. It allows extended searching with advanced options, boolean searching, search by date, members, etc. A subscription must be purchased to activate the advanced search feature but the bootom google search is available to all members

Regarding the search function...

From our FAQ...

Where is the SEARCH and NEW POST feature.
The standard search is at the bottom of the forum. Its uses the google search engine but only searchs our forum and is available to everyone with or without a subscription. The expanded search is included with subscriptions and is on the blue menu bar. It allows extended searching with advanced options, boolean searching, search by date, members, etc. A subscription must be purchased to activate the advanced search feature but the bootom google search is available to all members

Thanks! and so funny! I had read the FAQ, but scrolled past the top, thinking it was same menus

Thanks! and so funny! I had read the FAQ, but scrolled past the top, thinking it was same menus

Look for this at the bottom of the page.
Capture_zpsd9wxrerk.png

I got the search and got nothing for what I'm looking for...

Mojoe on a 26"... or other griddle option that uses the best of the surface.

I went to Google and looked. Is this what you are talking about?
hqdefault.jpg

Here are some hits from this site.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...1.1j2.64.serp..3.1.1004...30i10k1.N701w1w15eI
There is also someone here who makes something similar, maybe he will see your post and comment.

That is a mojoe, but that is on a 22". I did find what set up I was looking for, but it was a faux moe as he called it. Same size. I do not want to make one. I don't have the skills, machines or desire to take someone's idea to save a buck. I just wanted to know if others had tried it in a 26" and their experience with it.

But it looks this in the kettle: http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss27/nightriderrr/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20150427_173954.jpeg

That is a mojoe, but that is on a 22". I did find what set up I was looking for, but it was a faux moe as he called it. Same size. I do not want to make one. I don't have the skills, machines or desire to take someone's idea to save a buck. I just wanted to know if others had tried it in a 26" and their experience with it.

But it looks this in the kettle: http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss27/nightriderrr/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20150427_173954.jpeg
griddle-3-jpg.975063

If it were me, I'd pick up some square tubing or rebar to lay across the top of the kettle to set the griddle on to raise it.

Breakfast for 130 on a 22" diameter griddle? I'd need 3 36" Blackstones and 2 assistants!

I'm running a camp over Memorial Weekend for 130 people and I need one?

:shock:

I hope you have help and additional cookers. I single Weber is a good piece of kit but, for 130 people I suspect you are going to have a lot of hungry people queued up for a long time.

Back