Hi

smokestack2017

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Karan from MD. Brand new to smoking here. Just picked up a junior char broil offset and been busy modding it with the usual recommended mods:
-lowered chimney with aluminum flashing
-drilled 2 thermometers on either side near grate level
-expanded metal charcoal basket
-red RTV at all joints
-Nomex Gasket tape between lid and body

Still working on the baffle. For the moment, I'm using a giant foil pan with an maybe an inch or less of water up against the firebox hole. That seems to hold it at about a 280-290 there and 230-240 on the opposite corner where the chimney is.

Welcome, Karan. Nice to have you aboard. You will definitely put that smoker to good use with the info here. Hope to see some cook pics from you.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Karan welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Karan, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome from way down South. You have found the best BBQ site on the net.

Howdy, welcome to the family. This is the best place on the Internet. Enjoy.

Thank you all for being welcoming. I've been browsing the forums. There's a ton of information out there and hope to get on there soon with questions and pictures.

Welcome, Karan ... and be sure to share some pics of your cooks with us in the Qtalk forum!

Back