New Member from Connecticut

Sobotime

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been smoking for about 6 years on various rigs from a home made double barrel stack to an electric box and now on a offset RF stickburner that I trailer around and do everything from hogs, briskets, butts, lamb legs, ribs and even a few whole striped bass on. Always looking for help on technique, fire management and gadgetry. Also want to learn how to do some cold smoking and figure out the best methods for smoking multiple types of meat during the same cook.
I own a brewery, a bar and a restaurant with cheese shop attached so hit me with any cheese questions and yeah I've smoked cheese too!
Looking forward to learning and being part of this community

here are some pics of past smokes

spare ribs | brisket | chicken thighs & onions

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
  • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 19
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 19
Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Thanks AussieTitch, I spent 8 months backpacking your amazing country back in 2001. Ate a ton of beets and was introduced to eggs on pizza and of course lots of VB! Do you ever smoke anything like Ostrich, Emu or Kangaroo? Silly question but love to know!
Toast w. vegemite & lots of butter (Sepo style) and a big glass of milk loaded w. Milo and man I miss those meat pies!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az... Those are some delicious looking cooks thanks for sharing. Smoking cheese is one of the most enjoyable part of smoking at least for me.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thanks AussieTitch, I spent 8 months backpacking your amazing country back in 2001. Ate a ton of beets and was introduced to eggs on pizza and of course lots of VB! Do you ever smoke anything like Ostrich, Emu or Kangaroo? Silly question but love to know!
Toast w. vegemite & lots of butter (Sepo style) and a big glass of milk loaded w. Milo and man I miss those meat pies!

Glad you enjoyed it, flies and all.
Only like Kangaroo that was cooked by an Old Indiginous man who visited the farm every year.
Carcass straight on coals.Pick the meat.

We only have Domesticated Ostrich, the Emus are nasty enough when they get going.
I thought eggs on Pizza was a world wide thing.
Cheers mate

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back