Pizza Cooked on a Screen

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I wanted to try one to see if I like how the crust turns out. They are less than $8 on amazon so no big deal if I didn't like it.

First all the fixins.

i-2m3nqCM-XL.jpg

One pretty plain and the other with all the above on it. Cooked on the blackstone with a 650° stone temp.

i-pbXt4GL-XL.jpg

Not a very good picture of the crust.

i-q8jr47J-XL.jpg

Crust was good, not the same as on the stone direct but still good. If I was going to do a bunch of pizzas I'd invest in a couple more of them.

Dang I'd take that for breakfast!!

When I do pizza on the Blackstone I start it on a screen then after a minute I pull the screen and finish it on the stone.

When I do pizza on the Blackstone I start it on a screen then after a minute I pull the screen and finish it on the stone.

Just tried the same idea yesterday. Hit the screen with a little non-stick spray and no sticking problem.
FYI 14" screens at Webstaurant.com $3.59

I do the same with a screen. About a minute on the screen then just slide it off onto the stone. Works good for me.

Thanks folks!

I'll stick to sliding them off the peel direct to the stone but the screen did a nice job of cooking a pie.

Thanks folks!

I'll stick to sliding them off the peel direct to the stone but the screen did a nice job of cooking a pie.

Nice looking pie, Norm, though my experience was similar to yours. The screen definitely changes the character of the crust vs direct to stone. You won't get this using a screen:

IMG_0647_zpsad4cf84c.jpg

I need to learn pie

On a side note, screens work great as a cooling surface so the crust stays crisp while it cools for a few minutes before slicing and serving. I wouldn't be without them!

I agree Moose nothing better than direct to the stone crust! I always transfer my pies out of the blackstone onto a raised grid so they don't get soggy.

I,m going to Norms for Pizza, I like Mexicana, You do have that?

Back