Walmart 26 inch Backyard Grill (worth it ???)

I see you're located around the 'Burgh. Which Wal Mart did you spot these at? I will be checking the one near me this afternoon!

For that price why not. 26" would probably work on a 85 gal UDS.

Take a tape measure with you if you plan to use it on an 85 gallon drum, the lid likely won't fit, but the grates will.

I got a Masterbuilt 26" kettle and the lid is too small, gonna build a LBCF can!

I see you're located around the 'Burgh. Which Wal Mart did you spot these at? I will be checking the one near me this afternoon!
It was at the one in N Versailles. If they don't have it and you really want one I can run up and get it for you if you'd like. I'm in Penn Hills. I'll pm you my address and number if you decide yes.

According to this article their parts are source globally but its workforce is American.

5. Weber grills
Parent company: Weber-Stephen Products LLC
Headquarters: Palatine, Ill.

Weber grills have been made in the United States since 1952, when George Stephen built his kettle grill from a buoy at Weber Brothers Metal Works in Mount Prospect, Ill. All but one of latest models are still manufactured in Palatine, Ill. Because the company uses globally-sourced components it has been exposed to a class-action lawsuit over its claims that it was “Made in America.” Still, as of 2011, 98 percent of Weber’s workforce was located in the U.S. According to many grill reviews and grilling enthusiasts, it is the most popular grill of all time.

I was at the Weber plant yesterday. Pretty sure it wasn't in China.

Ha, funny. Pretty sure if you follow their materials supply chain upstream, you'll mostly end up in a shipping port, inside of a sea container with Mandarin writing on the outside. I never said they don't employ anyone stateside, I was just pointing out to Blu that Weber ain't as American as it used to be (what is?), and maybe not a lot less imported than the kettle the OP asked about. When components are broken down to individual pieces, there are flexible definitions of "manufactured in the USA", even when the materials are imported. Big companies pay lobbyists big money to influence politicians to ensure that laws are written to define things in ways that appear favorable to consumers in regards to "Made in the USA".

Ha, funny. Pretty sure if you follow their materials supply chain upstream, you'll mostly end up in a shipping port, inside of a sea container with Mandarin writ ing on the outside. I never said they don't employ anyone stateside, I was just pointing out to Blu that Weber ain't as American as it used to be (what is?), and maybe not a lot less imported than the kettle the OP asked about. When components are broken down to individual pieces, there are flexible definitions of "manufactured in the USA", even when the materials are imported. Big companies pay lobbyists big money to influence politicians to ensure that laws are written to define things in ways that appear favorable to consumers in regards to "Made in the USA".[/QUOTE

I don't know about every part, but I saw the line of kettles getting stamped out in Huntley Il. The Spirit gasser was made overseas but I think they were gonna start making them here again also. To say all Webers are made in China is a bit of an exaggeration.

It is an exaggeration. That's why I wonder why you're saying it. Because I didn't. "most components" does not = "all Webers".

Dude, don't get me wrong. I love Webers, it's literally ALL I have, and I have more than I care to admit. I'm just disappointed that such an icon of backyard Americana isn't nearly as American as it was/should be. As an H-D guy, I'm sure you get that.

ETA: That's great news about them bringing the Spirit line home, I hope the rest follows!

Last edited:
It may, in fact, be made by Weber exclusively for WM.

Well now boys, just remember that Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc All contain plenty of "Made in (you name the country - Mexico, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, India..............) parts. You just have to do the best you can with what you can get.

For $35 you cannot go wrong. I would buy more than one.
I bought a Weber 36.75" kettle. It has basically the same base as the 22". After one year of use the welds holding the leg slots snapped off. Weber replaced it but the new one is already loose.
Great find!!

Back