THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Have a urge to smoke a brisket tomorrow so I went to five different stores/markets and none of them had a single packer is stock. :doh:

That sucks! I hate it when that happens. Last time that happened to me, I picked up a 3 bone rib roast, cut the ribs off leaving a nice layer of meat on top and BBQ'd them. They turned out delicious. They hit the spot!

Thats crazy that packers would be hard to find in the midwest. I guess I should stop complaining about not being able to get Prime Grade.

Theres always the humble chuck roast! Done right I think its as good as any brisket.

Have a urge to smoke a brisket tomorrow so I went to five different stores/markets and none of them had a single packer is stock. :doh:

go back to the store and get some brisket on a stick....AKA beef ribs!!! its not the same but it would be scrumplicious!!!!

edit: smoothsmoke beat me to it!!:biggrin1:

Here is a poor pic of the beef ribs. They were a little on the fatty side, but that just added flavor. It was easy to eat around it.

picture.php

I agree with the MidWest comment, I can't imagine there not being briskets up there anywhere. There are 5 different stores I could go to right now within 2 miles of me that would have several packers in stock. Sorry, I know that doesn't help, maybe let the management of those stores know your angst so that it can be rectified in the future!

Back