THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

BBQNUTT

When you trim meat before a contest (chicken in this case) how do you re-package it so the meat inspector will know you haven't done anything else other than trim it? I was considering vacuume sealing it with the original packaging label inside and visible, but is that enough?

When you trim meat before a contest (chicken in this case) how do you re-package it so the meat inspector will know you haven't done anything else other than trim it? I was considering vacuume sealing it with the original packaging label inside and visible, but is that enough?

That is how I do it and haven't had a problem yet in KCBS or FBA

All my trimmed meat goes in to clear garbage bags, and gets twist-tied. For chicken, it goes in a foil pan first, then in to the garbage bag.

I just trimmed last night. Went into a vacuumed packed Food Saver bag (no labels), then into the fridge. Keep under ice when travelling. Never had a single method with this method with inspections. There are no label requirements. A good inspector knows fresh chicken when he sees it!

Thanks! I appreciate all the feedback! I think I will pack them in my zip-locks so that I can just open them and add marinade after they are inspected!

Mine goes into a Cambro half pan with a lid. Then into fridge/cooler.

I offer the inspector a bite to show they haven't been seasoned. :)

Back