THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponty56

Knows what a fatty is.
Did a cook from last friday night into Saturday for a family Birthday Party, Two pork shoulders, one with peppered cow and cherry and the other with sweet and spicy from simply marvelous. I also did a Porcheta for a comp practice item but it still needs some work.

Attachments

• IMG_20130518_124332_830.jpg
    IMG_20130518_124332_830.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 228
Thank you all, the pulled pork turned out Great but i need to work on my porcheta. Getting the temp up to 4-500 is gonna be my goal for the last hour hour and a half, to get that ever so coveted cracklen. My pit is a cheep offset so it can be allot of work but i have tuned it and know its habits well. Some day that nice cooker with be in the cards.

If I served shoulder that colour my wife would ask which Greek God was I honouring with the burnt offering. Photos often don't reflect the true colour.
Some bark!!!!
John

My shoulders always come out with a bark like that, but in no way shape or form tast burnt, even the bark. Is it dark like that because i cook it at 225-250 for 12 hours ?

My shoulders always come out with a bark like that, but in no way shape or form tast burnt, even the bark. Is it dark like that because i cook it at 225-250 for 12 hours ?

I prefer mahogany not black!!!
But as they say "all tastes differ said the old lady as she licked the cow's behind"
John

Back