Where do you buy brisket?

Crotonmark

is one Smokin' Farker
Hi all - long time no see
I went to a local butcher today and was only able to get a 7 lb flat @$12 per pound
When I go to other butchers I can get a full brisket - flat and point - for the same price
This is a lot to pay
Am I missing someplace everyone knows that sells a full brisket for a lower price?
Thanks
Mark

Sams club in my area has prime grade brisket for under $5/lb. I only buy select or choice for $3/lb for grinding my own burgers.

Are these full briskets?
I googled restaurant depot and its
Not clear if they have food or just equipment
Tho I saw one 20 pounder!

Costco, Sam's, BJS, restaurant depot. Choce for about 3$ lb. Primes around 5 or 6$. Never go to a Butcher. Youre paying the 33/33/33 rule. Cost/overhead/profit.

Just a heads up, Costco in my area of PA only sells Brisket flats. And they charge like $6/lb for them. Don;t be a sucker if your local Costco is the same. I refuse to get a Costco membership till they sell Whole packers in my area. lol, I have Sams and BJ's, RD, and the restaurant store, so no sweat off my back.

I never buy flats. Costco here sells whole packers. They also have HUGE flats for upwards of 9 or 10$lb. Like the size of a whole cutting board. Flats are no fun..fat is flavor!! :)

I never buy flats. Costco here sells whole packers. They also have HUGE flats for upwards of 9 or 10$lb. Like the size of a whole cutting board. Flats are no fun..fat is flavor!! :)
Strange you are only 2 hours from me, but My Costco still has not carried whole packers. Its been open for 3-4 years now.

Youre in PA? Im on Long island. Lake grove costco is mine. which one you use? lake grove has both. Plus good size butts in 2 packs, st louie ribs and babybacks.

Youre in PA? Im on Long island. Lake grove costco is mine. which one you use? lake grove has both. Plus good size butts in 2 packs, st louie ribs and babybacks.
Costco Allentown, PA. Worst Costco for Brisket, or BBQ in general.

Why are you asking about the big dude with the boom box and not the masseuse named Anna with a yard of cold ale and special talents.?

NTTAWWT

Last edited:
Back