THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kendec65

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
So I was asked to make ribs, brisket and chicken in a white bbq sauce for a family reunion. My question would be what sauces should I have on hand?

No it isn't a trick question. I am using Big Bob Gibson's white sauce for chicken
and was unsure what other sauces I should make to go with the other meat.
Spicy, peach etc... Never cooked for 40 people before and want to make sure I
have something for all tastes. i see now I worded it wrong.

No it isn't a trick question. I am using Big Bob Gibson's white sauce for chicken
and was unsure what other sauces I should make to go with the other meat.
Spicy, peach etc... Never cooked for 40 people before and want to make sure I
have something for all tastes. i see now I worded it wrong.

I am surprised our Texan Brethren haven't chimed in here.

Brisket gets a) no sauce :shock:, b) whaddya whaddya stunatz? no sauce :mad: , c) you are not from Texas, get a rope no sauce :mad2: or d) a spicy tomato and vinegar-based sauce (on the side) :roll:.

Ribs get whatever your heart and tastebuds desire. I like them naked, but I've used peach-based sauces, Blues Hog "50/50", A mix of Famous Dave's Devil's Spit and Georgia Mustard, and a mango-based sauce.

For that brisket, I would take some bottles of Bulls-Eye Texas, and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and transfer them to squeeze bottles.

I think each of the meats (except brisket) should feature a different regional taste.

Last edited:
Back