THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When i first started I used the water pan and didn't like the clean-up. After that I went to the Terra-cotta saucer and that worked good for keeping temps stable. I recently went to a disposable pan with water on the bottom grate for added moisture and I REALLY have liked the outcome so far. I think I will keep with this system for the foreseeable future. My last brisket running at 225

Last edited:
For temp probes, I use a Maverick redi-chek ET732. It's pretty old school these days, but it's inexpensive and it works well. I've had to replace the meat probe twice in about 10 years, but I'm still using the original pit probe.

I've found that the WSM's dome thermo to run about 25F lower than grate temp, but it varies a lot. So you really need the grate probe if you want to know the real temp.

Appreciate it! I have Thermoworks for my meat probe thermometer not sure if I need something as fancy just for grate level temps...i'll check them all out though!

Thanks again!
The same thing will work. All you gotta do is order a probe holder big enough for your meat probes or get an air probe with the holder and you are good to go. Like Mike said I've heard a lot of good stuff about inkbird too.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Back