THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KennesawBBQ

Anyone here use a vacuum tumbler for quicker marinating / brining of meat? I find myself with less and less time for long marinades and wondering if anyone here uses a household version. This one though pricy has good reviews.

Found a few threads in the search function but they are from 10-12 years ago.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/STX-International-STX-1000-CE-Vegetable-Tenderizer/dp/B0115CGX4I/ref=sr_1_2?crid=32OCB65GXYXHS&keywords=vacuum+tumbler&qid=1659878188&s=home-garden&sprefix=vacuum+tumbler%2Cgarden%2C103&sr=1-2

I bought the same tumbler back in April, but have only used it once.

It worked fine and had a good seal. I ran it for 30 minutes instead of the recommended 15 on a mixture of boneless thighs and cubed boneless breasts.

They tasted to me about the same as if I had marinated then in a plain ziplock overnight in the fridge. So I guess it worked.

There is debate on the internet as to whether or not vacuum marinating makes a difference at all.

I thought I'd buy it just to give it a try. I need to do some more experimenting.

Back