Trashed comp site

sarmike1

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I just finished the Frisco BBQ challenge (KCBS) and was shocked that one of the comp only teams left a huge pile of garbage on the sidewalk. This pile of garbage included a satellite dish a huge pan of grill grease and multiple bags of garbage. There site name was right in front of the pile, and I watched them take the satellite dish off their RV. I know that this is not one of the bigger comps but it is such a great venue and would hate to loose it. What do you think about this?

Did they have trash pick up? Most competitions have someone going around on some type of utility golf cart/gator to pick up trash that has been put in garbage bags. Granted leaving grease out isn't good. Other than the grease and satellite was everything bagged? Not saying they didn't do anything wrong, but we always bag our trash and have it out for the staff/volunteers to pick up. Or did they specify a place you had to bring the trash and they didn't?

I just finished the Frisco BBQ challenge (KCBS) and was shocked that one of the comp only teams left a huge pile of garbage on the sidewalk. This pile of garbage included a satellite dish a huge pan of grill grease and multiple bags of garbage. There site name was right in front of the pile, and I watched them take the satellite dish off their RV. I know that this is not one of the bigger comps but it is such a great venue and would hate to loose it. What do you think about this?

The contest organizer has some option available to them.

The event has the trash, recycle and grease receptacles at a designated spot. You are expected to leave a clean site.

True they shouldn't haven't left their trash on the sidewalk if there are designated places, but I am not sure why you think this is a KCBS issue?

Back